Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm woundering whats a good online store to buy new carbs and intake manifolds, and whats a good place to get gears for a 9" . I'm just gonna buy new ones so I dont have to mess with a bunch of garbage.

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Summit idss a good place for intakes and carbs. but Ebay has good stuff too. i got a 670 cfm Hollley Street Avenger Carb there for $300 after shipping. Summit was $359 for the same carb before shipping. and yes, it was brand new. the Intakes on Summit are good prices too. www.racesearch.com is decent as well. they sell gears at both of them too i think so take a look and see.

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
I prefer Jeggs over Summit. Dealt with both, had a couple of problems with Summit and I have never had one with Jeggs. I do 90% of my performance purchases through them. Summit is my second choice.

·
Contributing Sr Motorhead
5,470 Posts
Summit/Jegs

I live about an hour from Summit and fellow member Dan is even closer! My buddies and I just drive to Summit just to avoid the shipping costs and to make sure we get the right parts!

When you're dealing with Fords, and especially Clevelands, you gotta watch those guys! That goes for any of the parts vendors. Heck, y'all gotta remember that the true short-deck Clevelands were only made from 70-74!

Summit also has a bargain room for returned parts and closeouts. If you check that from time to time you can get some fantastic deals on stuff! They're also the cheapest around on BFG Radial T/As. Again, beats any other tire store and I live close enough to make it worth my while.

Jeff,
You're absolutely right in going with new gears over used. I wouldn't go any other way except if I found a 9" with the correct factory gears already set up in it from a boneyard. That's why I have a bunch of 9" center sections sitting in pails in my garage!

·
Registered
889 Posts
where abouts do live cj?

No that the weather is better we gota get togeather.I live a mile from 422&Harper Road(stoffers foods the big freezer)Every tuesday nite at the commons for cruzin Home of the ROCK AND ROLL CAPITAL STREET MACHINES,If you got somthing going on by you Ill see if I can get out there,unless a west sider is afriad to come to the east side..Take care Dan

·
Registered
246 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts