Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
I've been told though I do not know for certain that the mustang headliner can be made to work but is really too short for a proper job. It may translate here to a one piece but I suspect it isn't exactly the right size.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I have been reading through other forums and it seems like mustangs to fear was pretty responsive to demand. Early they only offered 67 68 fastback but quickly expanded their line. I wonder how much interest there would be for 67 68 Cougars and 69 70 cougars....Chime in here. I know I could use the extra headroom and I am only 6' tall.

·
Premium Member
646 Posts
I don't see how it could possibly fit due to the extra 3 inches in the Cougar in the back seat area. The rear windows in a Cougar won't interchange with Mustang due to this length.

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
I would imagine there is no way to install one unless you have the glass out....so that would have to be a consideration as well. I had a LeBaron with a one piece and the fabric still became separated when the foam started to deteriorate.....so I'm still a fan of the bows, cuz it's way easier to fix after the fact.

·
11,000 Posts
The Mustang roof is a totally different shape. No way it can work on a Cougar.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts