Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
That was a special colaboration with GM, Cougar chassis with the gm body kit to look like a pontiac?, needless to say thet did not sell well but makes it very rare and definitly "one of a kind" car, I know a liitle about one of a kind cars, had a few. ;)

·
Registered
524 Posts
That's not a 69. 67 I'd guess. Oh, and it not a Cougar. hehe.

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
Oh, I see the problem! Its a stick, but they listed it as an automatic! >.>

Boy, someone is sure in for a suprise when they go to drive it home.

·
Registered
304 Posts
That's the one I had back in 69. I sold it to a dude in California. Sure wish i would have kept it. I hear it's rare now.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Grill is 67-68
Also tried to send question to seller, would always route me to my own info. Sent a Inappropriate listing complaint to ebay, will see if seller changes the info. Seller has NO sell feedback and 9 buy feedback, last feedback was is May of Last year. On craigs list I would call the an outright scam.

Just my opinion

Lloyd

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I actually sent them a nice note letting them know there was a mistake.... response from them was to "Mind your own business" followed by a few unprintable places I could insert my opinion. Oh well............

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
I told them the same thing, they had a Pontiac in their cougar picture..

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
Bet my cat would like that bird.....

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
S C A M............. comes to mind!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
and there are people bidding!!!!

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
LOL - yeah there are! (HIMSELF?Fellow scammers!!!)

·
Registered
491 Posts
The doors at least are 67, as 68 did not have the vent windows......

·
Registered
292 Posts
OK Folks, Here is more on this car, Keep in mind, I do not believe I ever said anything about wanting it. Here is what I sent:
Dear 12marian50,
Would you perhaps relist, as This is NOT a Cougar, nore is it a 69
Firebird, unless the grill has been changed. That grill only came on the
67-68 Firebird.
-lbesq

I Looked:Winning bid:US $8,500.00

You Folks are better at determining what a vehicle is worth, is he in the ball park? AND NO I DO NOT WANT IT
Re: Other: lbesq sent a message about Mercury : Cougar XR7 #290725569<wbr>556<table class="cf hX" cellpadding="0"><tbody><tr class="hR"><td class="hU hM" style="background-color: #ddd; color: #666">Inbox
</td><td class="hV hM" style="background-color: #ddd; color: #666">x</td></tr></tbody></table>

<table class="cf gJ" cellpadding="0"><tbody><tr class="acZ"><td class="gF gK"><table class="cf ix" cellpadding="0"><tbody><tr><td>Marian Bein [email protected]
</td></tr></tbody></table></td><td class="gH">5:32 AM (1 hour ago)

</td><td class="gH">
</td><td class="gH acX" rowspan="2">

</td></tr><tr class="acZ xD"><td colspan="3"><table class="cf adz" cellpadding="0"><tbody><tr><td class="ady">to me

</td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr></tbody></table>
Hi,

My 1969 Mercury Cougar XR7 is still for sale. I also have a 1967 Firebird for sale and i uploaded the wrong pictures on my listing. The high bid is too low because of my mistake and the auction winner can't afford my asking price for the Cougar so he backed out of the deal. The car is in very good condition, its very clean, i'm the only owner and i'm a non smoker. I barely used the car and it spent most of its life garaged. NO damage or problems whatsoever, it was fully restored. Everything works the way it should and the car runs strong. The title is clean and clear. My best price is $18,000 and i can deliver anywhere in US. I have some health problems now and i'm away to recover. I want to sell the car through ebay. Here is a photo album with the Cougar: http://postimage.org/gallery/<wbr>7rv64p7k/
Let me know if you're still interested. Marian Bein

This is what I found when did a search for Marian Bein, (Phone number and address number removed by me)where cougar is supposed to be located:<table class="age_range helpful_info"><tbody><tr><td class="label">
Marian D Bein

(***) ***-****
**** Furrowtown Rd
Westfield, MA 01085-1034

<table class="age_range helpful_info"><tbody><tr><td class="label">Age:</td> <td>50-54</td></tr></tbody></table></td><td>
</td></tr></tbody></table>

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
OK Folks, Here is more on this car, Keep in mind, I do not believe I ever said anything about wanting it. Here is what I sent:
Dear 12marian50,
Would you perhaps relist, as This is NOT a Cougar, nore is it a 69
Firebird, unless the grill has been changed. That grill only came on the
67-68 Firebird.
-lbesq

I Looked:Winning bid:US $8,500.00

You Folks are better at determining what a vehicle is worth, is he in the ball park? AND NO I DO NOT WANT IT
Re: Other: lbesq sent a message about Mercury : Cougar XR7 #290725569<WBR>556<TABLE class="cf hX" cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR class=hR><TD style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ddd; COLOR: #666" class="hU hM">Inbox

</TD><TD style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ddd; COLOR: #666" class="hV hM">x</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></B>

<TABLE class="cf gJ" cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR class=acZ><TD class="gF gK"><TABLE class="cf ix" cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD>Marian Bein [email protected]

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD class=gH>5:32 AM (1 hour ago)

</TD><TD class=gH>

</TD><TD class="gH acX" rowSpan=2>

</TD></TR><TR class="acZ xD"><TD colSpan=3><TABLE class="cf adz" cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=ady>to me

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
Hi,

My 1969 Mercury Cougar XR7 is still for sale. I also have a 1967 Firebird for sale and i uploaded the wrong pictures on my listing. The high bid is too low because of my mistake and the auction winner can't afford my asking price for the Cougar so he backed out of the deal. The car is in very good condition, its very clean, i'm the only owner and i'm a non smoker. I barely used the car and it spent most of its life garaged. NO damage or problems whatsoever, it was fully restored. Everything works the way it should and the car runs strong. The title is clean and clear. My best price is $18,000 and i can deliver anywhere in US. I have some health problems now and i'm away to recover. I want to sell the car through ebay. Here is a photo album with the Cougar: http://postimage.org/gallery/<WBR>7rv64p7k/
Let me know if you're still interested. Marian Bein

This is what I found when did a search for Marian Bein, (Phone number and address number removed by me)where cougar is supposed to be located:<TABLE class="age_range helpful_info"><TBODY><TR><TD class=label>
Marian D Bein

(***) ***-****
**** Furrowtown Rd
Westfield, MA 01085-1034

<TABLE class="age_range helpful_info"><TBODY><TR><TD class=label>Age:</TD><TD>50-54</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
</TD><TD>

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
I got the SAME EXACT message to the message I sent on ebay to him. Could be an honest mistake but the nasty reply to the other poster gives one pause. I wrote back again to see if terms of sale involve shenanigans. I would say that $18K for a 390 'vert as shown in the pictures seems reasonable to me. Could be a nice buy for someone if it is in fact an error in listing and nothing more.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts