Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my 68 at the Turkey Run in Daytona last thanksgiving.

After pulling the motor, replacing every front end part, rear leaf springs, new shocks, upgraded sway bars, installing a new A/C system, new XR-7 dash and wiring, learning to weld, fixing most of the rust (new metal) in the rear seat area and replacing the driver side cowling (new metal), eDead the interior, rebuilding all the windows so they work right, tearing down and rebuilding the 302, getting the T5 installed properly, installing a new kick butt sound system, and the millions of things in between; I went for a ride this weekend (to the alignment shop of course).

This doesn't count all the stuff I have learned about the Cougar this year thanks in large part to this group..

It was pretty cool hanging my arm out the window on a warn fall afternoon. alive.jpg alive.jpg

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
The picture was so nice, he had to post it twice!

Congrats, looks nice!

Also, what's this "Fall" crap? It's damned cold (i.e. Winter) up here!

·
Contributing Sr Motorhead
5,470 Posts
Congrats, looks nice!

Also, what's this "Fall" crap? It's damned cold (i.e. Winter) up here!
Yes, car looks nice - those guys in FL get to work on their cars year round. Up here, we're lucky to have five good months. 4" of snow here today...

·
Premium Member
1,276 Posts
Your smile must have competed with the shine on the car. Very nice!

Jean

·
Registered
442 Posts
Sounds like you had a good year! BTW, my vert was hauled to have it sand blasted yesterday. Worked on the motor today temp was in the 60's. will post pics soon. Sal

1 - 9 of 9 Posts