Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a new fuel sender unit and seal.

For the Aussies - is the part in my 1970 Cougar the same as in an XW, XY or an XA?

For the Yankees (and everyone else) - if not, is it the same part as in a 1970 Mustang?

Sam

·
Contributing Member
5,865 Posts
Call Mustang Auto Parts at Bulimba and ask Robin if they are the same. he has Mustang and Falcon parts and should be able to do a comparison 07 3399 6477

Same part as a 70 Mustang

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good one. Thanks Leon.

And I just saw your sign-off - I noticed there were a lot of Cougars advertised in Unique Cars this month. I hope you get good prices for them.

·
Contributing Member
5,865 Posts
Thanks. We are going to move to a smaller place in a couple of years so I have to downsize a bit. Only need to get rid of one at the moment and two more next year

Problem with the local market is it is saturated with overpriced junk from the US that people are just trying to flip for a profit. It's hard to get people interested in a correctly engineered right hand drive conversion.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
And most states allow left hand drive cars over 30 years, so people don't want to pay a premium any more. In fact, some people think my Caddy is worth less because it has been converted and is not seen as original.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts