Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is the story of my first Cougar. About 2 years ago I decided to fulfill my first car dream and wanted to get a Cougar, so I started checking the papers and internet. I end up in Kalamazoo, MI to see my future car. I drive it home(about a 3 and 1/2 hour drive). No problems! I have the upper ball joints replaced and the usual maintenance. I have it all summer driving it to shows and occasionally to work. Now to the bad part. About 3 months later(I think Sept or so) one evening I and my 7 year old daughter are going to the library. I park along the street in front of it thinking that I won't get any door dings this way. I am almost a car length behind the car in front of me so no one will try to park in front of us. Good so far. We go in and I am looking at car mags for articles on 351 buildups and we hear over the intercom, "Would the owner of a green Cougar and a white Lumina please come to the front desk, there is an officer waiting". Immediately I look up and see a ton of lights flashing outside where my car is. First thought was that my car was in the way for a fire across the street. I get up to the desk and the officer says, " umm there has been a slight accident outside". Now my heart is starting to pound out of my chest. So we go outside and I see my car almost up against a tree and against the Lumina, which was almost a car length in front of me. My jaw must have been dragging the ground for about an hour, because I was pulling grass out of my teeth forever :eek2: (just kidding). We are looking at the damage and I just can't believe this is happening. I think that I said that a hundred times. The driveshaft is busted out of the rearend, the whole left rear fender is basically gone, gas is everywhere, pieces everywhere. What a mess.
The story of the driver is something like this: He(college student) was pissed off because someone passed him and he was trying to pass him back to flip him off. He lost control of his 89 Toyota Corolla and totalled my car, which in turn totalled the Lumina, which in turn was pushed into the Durango in front of it(only bent the trailer hitch). The driver was cut up and bruised, but the girl passenger ended up with 73 stitches in her face from going through the windshield and back. And get this, she didn't want to get insurance money from it, because she didn't want to do that to him. That is what the insurance lady said. Anyway... I could go on and on. I ended up getting a little more than what I paid for it and got to keep it as well.
I thought that I had some digital pix of my cat, but I will get some tomorrow to post. I will also post some of the before pics as well as some of my current XR7(couldn't have just one especially now that I have a parts car).
I guess the most important point is that we weren't in the car when it happened.
:wave:

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
:eek2: i have alot of stored rage for something like that. i would go off on someone if that happend. even with the cops around. :eek2:

·
Contributing Member
2,897 Posts
keep in mind the improtant stuff as much as i love my cats and i am sure you loved yours just be thankfull your family or yourself were not trying to get in when the mindless idiot with a very small @!#$ decided to prove himself. cars are fun but they can always be replace.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
pictures

I posted some pics of my cougars if you are interested. This is my first attempt, so i hope that they made it. These are from an el cheapo digital cam. they are in the member galleries under one dead cat I guess.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts