Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
went to talk to the old lady today about here Cougar. talked for a long time actually, like over and hour. She gave me alot of background on the car and it seems like a good car to restore. she bought the car USED in 68 and has owned it ever since. it is an XR-7 with a J code 4bbl 302. black interior and a console. the front seats have been redone in vinyl instead of leather. the back seat needs to be redone though. the top is the worst part on the car. it has a few rust holes in it and if i had it, i would skin the whole roof and put on a new panel. now, its not BAD, but i wouldnt put the vinyl top back on and for that i would like it to be new metal and not filler under it. it has original paint on it... its worn but ITS ORIGINAL! no major dents, one dent on the passengers door thats almost the size of a footbal from when someone scraped it but the rest are really just door dings. and it has a few of those :D . no rust other than the roof at all. grill is nice, but needs work with how the lights open and close. the engine runs VERY nice and she said it has just over 100K miles. the engine looks virginal. damn it looks unmolested. it has AC disc brakes, PS umm, didnt notice if it had PW too, damn its a nice car. thats settled. im getting a 67/8 next. BUT, it probably wont be this one... its not for sale :(

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hmm, with factory 10.1 compression and dual exhaust. id stab in a wild cam and drive it like that before i drop in a Cleveland. damn. not for sale. the old lady was nice though and she seemed to be happy that i was able to reccomend a place for her vinyl top to get done. damn, i want a 67/8 now :(

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
how about for a 70?? slightly used..... he he

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
for an extra dollar hell clean the leaves and rat errr, crap out of it :D

·
Registered
669 Posts
ohhhh, I think that's why I haven't gone to So.CAl yet. I wouldn't come back to Miami after seeing all these practically rust free old cars all over the place.

Steve, the ladies '68 didn't have PW (power windows). I'm 99.9% sure these were not available on Cougars till '69.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts