Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay folks, Please don't freak out. As a fairly visible member of the Cougar community I figured I should explain why my Cougar is up on Ebay HERE....

It's nothing dire and this website is certainly not in any danger and no I'm not leaving the Cougar scene...

Why sell my prized cat then? Simple. It's as done as I've got the heart to do it and I really want to move on to a new project but don't have room to store a bunch of cougars in my garage, so in order for me to start something new, something old has to go.

It's that simple... What will my next project be? I don't know yet, but as soon as I figure it out, you'll be the first ones to know...

So...like I said, don't anyone go freaking out. My reserve is fairly high as I'm not one to just throw away money. It probably won't sell this time of year anyway.

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
:eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :eek2:

·
Contributing Sr Motorhead
5,470 Posts
You next project...

Your next project...is to build a bigger garage!!!!!! :p:

·
Registered
364 Posts
Makes sense to me...

I find it perfectly understandable. While I think I'll own the 73 until it dies of really really old age, the 72 convertible (not even finished yet) will probably only be here a couple years. then it will be time to get another one and continue to rebuild the Cougar population one cat at a time.

How long have you had yours, Logan?

·
Registered
364 Posts
I'll bet Leon's computer is crammed full of Eric's work.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Sell that '69 and come to california and buy my XR7-G. I know you will finish it the way it deserves to be finished.

Good luck selling the car.

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
i say its time for a 514 Vert with a T-56.. he he he. well thats part of the life with a classic. a time comes for alot of them to go on. well. time to fill a void.

·
Registered
648 Posts
How long does it take to get your project 'It's as done as I've got the heart to do it'?

Seeing as 68 KAT and I are still in the 'crazy about sex' stage in our relationship, I wanna know when I can expect to have the '7 year itch' :p

A chopped Mark II?

The ORIGINAL T-Bird?

A '40 Ford Coupe?

I know.....a '74 Starsky and Hutch Torino!!!!

Ken

·
Contributing Member
2,897 Posts
kvinmn personally when i buy a car it is a lifetime contract so i cant say when the time is up. and Logan i agree time to build a bigger garage!

·
Registered
866 Posts
Hey Logan, how many stickers is it gonna take for me to drive home in that cat? :D

You are going to build another Cougar though, right?

·
Registered
866 Posts
Yup, forgot all about ya.... lol, nope, anyone, and everyone who ordered stickers will receive them tomorrow or the next day, or have already received them.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Logan, belive me I understand!! Half of the fun is in doing the car and you always find things later you would have done differently and now its just easier to start over fresh. I sensed that the other day when you mentioned the longing for the MII front end set up. (the way ford should have done it to bagin with) Just like I wouldnt have cut the backend out of the one I had to do one the way I want as it was too nice to do that to it.

I wish you luck in getting it sold and most of your money back. As you know I'm still looking for the right car myself to do and to tell the truth a Cougar is still first choice but knowing myself I may tire of a prostreet car (I could see a 49-50 Merc or a 57 Fairlane in my future) and to be honest a Cougar might not be in my best intrest if its going to be moved later. A Mustang will still be easier to sell IMHO. I keep thinking that a prostreet Cougar would be a definate jaw dropper though. And if yours goes I think when you get done with another the way your thinking now, everyone will have a clear understanding of WHY. I'm sure you have some great ideas in mind.

Greg, a lifetime contract with a car? Hell I've had a hard time with those with women!!LOL I bet I have had 50-60 cars and trucks in the 27 years since I have been old enough to drive. There just a automobile and to tell you the truth I have only regretted getting rid of a couple. My Lincoln Town Car is one that comes to mind.

kvinmn, todays your lucky day as there are 2 Starsky and Hutch Torino's on e-bay right now!! Gotta love them too.

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
Hey... That blue Vrt in the "cougars for sale" looks pretty good... If you don't get it maybe I will/.. Anybody want to buy the redcat or tiffany????..... beside living alone not might be all that bad

Don:eek2:

·
Contributing Sr Motorhead
5,470 Posts
Don,

To repeat my comment after yours in the other category...

Have you ever considered raffling one of your cats off? ;) j/k :p:

1 - 20 of 38 Posts