Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
g'mornin', y'all!

I saw one of our own mention on the "how to restore you kitty the right way" (which, BTW, I always understood to be summed up by the phrase "whatever you wanna do, as long as it doesn't permanently disfigure the car, and as long as it doesn't involve red engine paint" ;) ) about placement of decals...

Soooooooo....if I may dare ask - does anyone have pictures of the placement of the Dan Gurney Special decal and the "car of the year" decals for a '67? I know the COTY ones go on the quarters, and the DGS ones on the rear, but WHERE?????

Thanks for any insight, dudes and dudettes...

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
passenger side quarter glass, towards the bottom, in the middle

Don

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks tex, I assume that's the C-O-Y one...and they go one on each side, right?

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
Just One... on the right side.(passenger).... Now the left side is where your Mercurycougar.net decal goes... LOL

Don

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh great...
some dufus a few years back told me one on each side, so now I've got an extra decal!!! (oh well, I'll probably wreck the first one putting it on anyway *LOL*)

Hmmmmm...I musta missed the MercuryCougar.net decal distribution...I KNEW there was a reason I've been getting snubbed when the invitations to The Whitehouse dinner parties go out!

·
Premium Member
1,915 Posts
But wait there's more

Have you seen the combo C-O-T-Y DGS Sticker? Now I have derailed the whole post

:lol2:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Now, about that Dan Gurney Special decal...

Hey, now THAT's stylin'... I could get into this, I think! *LOL* And my wife says I already have too many decals on my jeep!

So where is the DGS script really "supposed" to go? I've heard rumors about the back window...but WHERE on the back window? (Hmmmm...sounds like my wife's friends wondering about my tattoo placement :lol2: )

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
I say again....67 had the "car of the year" with the Dan Gurney signature on it displayed on the passenger side quarter glass towards the bottom and centered..... like Garey's picture above. The 68 just had the signature and a running cat also in the same location.

Don

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
oh *blush* I misunderstood the answer...Hmmm...I haven't seen those combination decals...do they reproduce 'em? And, does anyone want a couple of "standard" COTY decals now? :lol:

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
and as long as it doesn't involve red engine paint
Uhhmmm............Paul [aka TC0614] would you really like me to tell you where to shove you decals......................, oh, wait, printable versions only,.................sorry. Jk. :D

Here's the advert for the 67 cougar 'car of the year' just for trivia's sake.

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
John's classic cougars has them... $6.00 apiece I think....

He is in the links section

Don

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks Don...

Hmmmm...ahhhh yes, My buddy John...

In one form or another, John used to own about 67% of my current Cougar :pimp: (OK, he's NOT a pimp, nor am I, I just wanted to use that smiley is all)

In fact, the two NON-DGS decals I have are from him...I'll just hafta talk to that man!

Thanks...I know I've seen the "DGS" decals in his catalog, I just ASSumed that those were just the script...:eek:

p.s. Hey girl...I was WONDERING when that would catch your eye :1poke:

OMG...I think I've become a smiley-a-holic

·
Premium Member
1,915 Posts
Are the C-O-T-Y Decals for the inside or outside of the window?

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
BTW...if The Cougar was/is "The Man's Car"...does that mean the Dodge Dart was "The Woman's Car"?????

Get it? "dart"????? As in the darts on a blouse????? Awww C'MON, give me this one... *sigh* Oh well, my Mommy and my Dog think I'm humorous...

Though my daughters don't even know what a "dart" is!!!!! Sheesh...did it go out with "Rouge"????

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I think they go on the outside...at least the NON DGS ones I have do...

·
Premium Member
1,915 Posts
bummer

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
Jeez, you showing your age there Paul, darts......:), sorry took so long to get to the post/insult/comment/ but only just got to read all the posts, hate it when I am offline for a couple of days, I miss all these 'interesting' little things. :)

That picture must have been gippo'd as I posted it, I swear the bottom bit said this............

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
:spit: :spit: :spit: :spit: :spit:

Now THAT's funny!

Hey...it might actually be safe to get into that man/woman thang with you being a continent away...Hmmmmm.....

Naw...you wimmens scare me when it comes to that stuff... ;)

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
Chicken, why have you guys got so much to say when you're a continent away:1poke:
Give it your best shot :D

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
*LOL* Probably 'cause those that really ARE chauvenistic (sorry too lazy to look up proper spelling...hey Logan, how about a spell-checker? ;)) are too skeert to get into it in person...

and the rest of us just do it for fun! Women are cool! And those that care about the cars they drive are cooler! And those that care about the CLASSICS are cooler STILL!!! And those that care about making out while all greasy and UNDER their classics...well...now THOSE are just downright JEWELS in this life :)

I'll toss some zingers atcha from time to time ;) Tho mostly when you have no way of fighting back :lol2: - hey, it's just my way.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts