Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Time to spill your guts guys, what did you find in Columbus last weekend? I thought about it all weekend and what I was missing.mm

·
Registered
168 Posts
Found alot of cougar stuff

I walked into the Buckeye building and immediatly found a very good looking back bumper for my 68. I found some NOS headlight doors driver and passenger side, but by lookinig at them i could tell they were out of my budget. There were alot of stuff for 69 cougar also. Cougar parts are coming out of the wood work. There were enough taillights for 68 for probably 20 cars.

·
Contributing Sr Motorhead
5,470 Posts
Didn't go

Since wife is currently out of a job, no spare scratch to spend on toys. Even if I were to have gone, I couldn't spend any money, so why torture myself. :cry:

Anyway, I have the catalogs from AutoKrafters that should cover what I need to get my first project back on the road. I need a right front torque box and floor for the '66 Comet. Danged heater core leaked and ruined it. Once I get that car done I'll probably sell it to help finance the rest of the restoration of the two Cats.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Mark
went down both days....
sold the ss car on saturday:cry:

a very nice 68 car was in the corral that sold sat early
alot of parts for all years of cats

a nice 70 covert was out in the parking lot not for sale though
seen WV cat there also

You should have come to look and chat but maybe this spring

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Next spring for sure

I'm glad you guys had a good swap meet. I hope you found every thing you had money for!!!!! I will be there in the spring and hope to meet everyone. My luck has been not so good lately, I thought since I'm takeing a trip to Texas for my daughters graduation that I might be able to sneek in the car show in Dallas and check out Logans Cougar. But alas my wife has to work up till the day of there show so I'll miss it to. mm

·
Registered
364 Posts
spring meet in columbus...

What are the dates for the spring? If I start planning now, I might just be able to make it.

·
Contributing Sr Motorhead
5,470 Posts

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
columbus

I had a great time out there looking at the parts and cars I picked up a passengers side mirror for wvcat but like everyone else my funds were limited. Boy those troopers are sneaky!!! Just not sneaky enough to catch a flying cat............lol
Your right about the 68 tail light seemed like they were everywhere. I didn't see too much that I needed as far as 70 parts In the car corral I saw the nice 68 (triple black) a couple 71-73's not sure of the years and a newer one like 77 or so.
I didn't see the vert in the lot, sorry I missed you fatcat.

see ya in the spring!!!
John
wvcat

·
Registered
364 Posts
thanks for the link, guys...

I've marked my calendar for April. I'll be there!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Spring swap

The spring swap is always on the first weekend of April. Have fun and see you there!!:D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts