Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ahhh and other pics that will take to much time to add on here AIM me at BenD550

but looks like it'd need, new seats (front), paint, and mabye a new engine, and of course a radio :)

you can afford it... would you buy or would you pass and keep looking... and dont say make your own decision, I WILL... but i want to know what you people would do seeing as you know 10 times as much...

and if you need more pics aim is BenD550

·
Registered
751 Posts
GO FOR IT!! Paint, seats, and even a little engine work are minor! 1250? not bad. Go for it, but wait on the radio til everything else is done. Also, what's the engine size? & year?

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
Hey ... The Paint doesn't match.....

Could make a great project car though... what size motor?

Also where is it? rust belt cars could be problem....

Don

·
Contributing Member
2,897 Posts
Well those rims are worth some bucks and if it is a solid car without rust and under 1000.00 i would go for it course everyone knows i have an impulse controll problem when it comes to old mercurys and fords so i am probably not someone you would want to ask. but if at a later date you decide to get another one you have a decent parts car and you can always sell off the parts and make double yyour money back if your a good salesman or at least what you paid. but everything else can be had and it would make a great resto mod project since you would be starting way down in scratch but with what your talking i would probably offer 800.00 for the car but im cheap and true what i dont need is another project.

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
That car looks real familiar, looks like Edgewik24's car.see classifieds under 67 for sale...

Bruce

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah gtr390xr7 its a guys from this forum...

He lives in Shoreline (near seattle) for the guy who wants to know about where its at.

Euuuwww, the wheels are ugly.... If I buy it you can have them :) (for 300- 400 of course like you said)

It's a V8 289 with 157,000 or something like that on it.

4 rust, there is a little on the underside of the hood.
and the floor carpet on the interior also could use some work.

Mabye I'll go check it out see how well it runs.

Thanks, for your input, if you got any more I have OPEN ears :)

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
If it's his, then it's a 289 4bbl w/AC. I think he said PSand PB, but I don't remember..
I was interested in it, but sadly, no money...

Bruce

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
oh an arghhh.. he said the head light covers dont come up on their own???

Arnt they supposed to? hydraulic or something?

Thanks,

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
It could be as simple as a split hose to as bad as both vacuum motors being bad. Can't tell without looking at it..

Bruce

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ok so you gona make the drive to seattle tomorrow to look at it? or gona fly in ?

:)

I'll go check it out

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
Send me the tickets and I'll meet you there...lol..

Bruce

·
Premium Member
1,915 Posts

Euuuwww, the wheels are ugly.... If I buy it you can have them :) (for 300- 400 of course like you said)
Poor misguided kid.
The car would be a good long term project. I think It's a deal even with the "ugly" wheels.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I'll give you $1300 for it.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
xr7gt said:
Poor misguided kid.
The car would be a good long term project. I think It's a deal even with the "ugly" wheels.
you like those wheels?

yeah ok... so cougar for like 1100.. sell wheels... with money get cheap paint job (I cant afford a thousand dollar paint job, mabye later)

found a 302 bored out to 306 with a lot of sweet stuff on it. for sale for $500... I dont know if thats a good price.

then I'd need new front seats.

and a new shifter knob, as that one looks like a t headed alien head (you know the one ? ;) )

then a radio...

but then comes money :1zhelp: me :D

·
Premium Member
1,915 Posts
You could definately sell the wheels for $250-300 depending on the condition and if they are complete w/ center caps and trim rings.
Then you have to buy a set of wheels to replace those.
The 302 sounds pretty good for $500 however, is this going to be a daily driver or a fun car when it's running?
Do not get the car to a point where you take the drivability (my new word) away and can impress us with numbers but the car ends up sitting in the driveway because the cam is too big and the car has no vacuum for the brakes and headlights and is unsafe to drive err stop.

Sitting next to me at a show I could tell you I have a 9 inch with a 4:56 posi and an AOD transmission with a roller 302 crate motor...oh the trans and the engine are true but you get the point.
Drive it. Drive it. Drive it.

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
i agreee with the keeping it driveable. part. it seems like a good deal, but yeah, id offer less. im not sure how hard it is to find a clean Cougar up there, but i know you can find em cheap out here ( for some reason 68s are practically being thrown at me right now... ). i LIKE the wheels on the car actually and yes, you can find a buyer for them easily. that car makes me sad though. reminds me of Sharky... without the rust. :(

PS- no offense but even i would charge more than $1000 to do paint and body on that car. and im cheap lol

1 - 20 of 27 Posts