Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a few sets of door pins and bushings NOS today in the bags. My question is, I had a reproduction set about to go in the convertible project. Is there a difference, or should I use these NOS ones.
I have never had door pins swapped out so just wondering.
Going into a 70 convertible
Thanks P1030509.jpg

·
Registered
135 Posts
Just put new pins and bushings in the 70 vert my son and I are doing. We got the pins and bushings from Don at WCCC, and they worked just fine. If I had a NOS set though, I would use them.

·
Premium Member
1,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Fordnut.
Thats what I had here was a set of the reproductions,I just turned them over to the body shop this past week.Then today I found a few sets of NOS ones, with bushings, so I started thinking was there a difference, and wondered if I should go and give them the NOS ones instead. Don told me the reproduction ones worked good when I got them. So I guess either will be good.
Thanks

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
I tried using some NOS bushings and they had become brittle and broke when I tried to put them in. Maybe you will have better luck. Some NOS parts are junk. I used an NOS distributor cap and the bakelite had degraded with time. It burned right through at the top where the coil wire plugged in, in the first 50 miles.

·
Premium Member
1,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dang Bill now I dont know what to use!!! these have been stored environment friendly place,but now you got me wondering. I guess they are still in the packages,wonder if that helps that they were sealed??

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
Time takes it's toll on everything. I think at some point, N.O.S. is only good for cars that aren't going to be driven.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts