428CJ, like your signature at the bottom, "BORN WITH THE RIGHT HEART IN THE WRONG CONTINENT", sort of ditto.
Dave, I like them both but not completely, the orange is all wrong, you need to get the picture from Bowl that he did without the flames, but in the right pearl orange, don't like the white stripe, its too stark. The Shelby stripes remind me too much of our 1600 GT's [Cortina] but that is only cos of where I live, where they are moderately common, nothing against the stripes themselves.
Time for someone with Photoshop or something to help Dave out
Stripe needs to
- follow edge of the hood and disappear at tumblehome of leading edge,
- Follow the arc of the hood at the rear
- droop over the guard like the green car
- have a slight arc on the vertical side panel to reflect the trailing edge of the front wheel arch
- silver centre - dark grey edge to get rid of starkness
- Boss 351 in body colour
okay, I do not have the fancy paintshop so have to do things the hard way, anyway here is the car in white, if anyone else who has not got fancy programs wants to have a go by copying and pasting this picture into paint, go for it, it a gif, so hopefully it will just be case of filling in the colour.