Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a picture of my brother's friend, Ron's 66 Chevelle. Its small block chevy has over 500 horsepower. The paint job has a hand painted ghost flame in it which cost over 10,000 dollars. It has one first place in a local car show. It's no Cougar or Ford, but I figured some good Muscle Car fans would like seeing this beauty. - Chad

Attachments

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
IMHO

Chevelle's are a dime a dozen..........could we not waste Logan's finite space on these? The chevy powered Ford truck was bad enough, now this! It's easy to find Chevy sites, it's not so easy finding good Cougar sites. There's a name for this, it's called "trolling."

They may be your friends or whatever, so save it for your personal web site.

Thanks,
Tim B

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
call 911!

No WV, maybe I'm the one that needs help - I like your 69 Roadrunner just about as much! Please get some pics to me as soon as it gets painted ;) - Chad

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
Now do I need to fire up a "Anything Goes" forum, or are you guys gonna behave yourselves? :biggrn2:

Personally, I love the chevelle, but folks do come here to see the cougars... I actually owned a 72 Chevelle, I loved swimming around in all that space under the hood... :)

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
not a cougar

Will do chad but its going to be a while, I'm afraid I've found some suprize bondo and hidden cancer in the roadrunner. It looks a little naked now without any doors, hood, or windows and grinder rash all around...lmao You know how it is ... it always looks worse before it looks better!!!

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This car was in awful shape about a year and a half ago. The whole story behind the car is actually quite interesting, but with patience and work it kicks ass now. You see last time all saw this beast it was on the back of a long bed truck, saved from the scrap heap. Most of the parts actually were bought off ebay -go figure. And now you see the car is so badass I just had to post it. It'll be the only post of a none Ford I make. I wouldn't call it "trolling" really - just a post I thought some people would like. Some did. This is like my Cougar family and I wanted to share this super car with the family. If anyone has any non-cougar muscle pics I'd love to see them, because aside from being a Cougar enthusiast, I am a muscle car enthusiast, so fill free to send them to me! I don't know whether or not Logan has the space on the server, so I'll leave post-ability up to him from now on. If all you can post on here is Cougar pics then that's fine, because like you said Tim I have my little crappy site [yes the truck and the chevelle are on it] and people can go to it and see the pics there. Regarding WV's comment on the worse before better thing -I don't think I've ever posted this one so check this out, it's the way my car looked at one time, grotesque at best I must say. It's much better now though - Chad

Attachments

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Chad,

Thanks, I rather see your Cougar when it was in terrible shape over that Chevy Chit any day! I have a confession to make..........I went through a MoPar phase in High School. Embarrassing, but true........LOL

Really though........When I go to car shows I look at everything, and appreciate everything no matter if it's GM, MoPar or AMC. There's a lot of work and love that goes into restoring any car. But this isn't a generic car site. Since Logan doesn't mind, maybe we should have a non-Cougar section of general interest. Just a thought.

Thanks,
Tim B

·
Registered
364 Posts
i'll stay out of this debate...

except to say that if i paid ten grand to paint a car, i'd damn sure never park it in a parking lot no matter how many spaces i use.

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
10 grand for paint?? wow, wow, wow!.... i need to start charging more for my work LOL. hell the TOTAL investment in the body and paint on my car was less than 500. if you errrr, add in the fact that i did it while attending college, and errrrrrr, im finacially disadvantaged so i qualify for govt funding..... i basically paid nothing for it and learned a whole lot. it was cool, and well, i still do my work there and love it. im still waiting to take delivery of that 65 Fastback though.... i think ill head over to talk to the owner now..

this is one of the only BEFORE pics i have of the Coug on the comp ( there are tons more, but not on the comp )

Attachments

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
and a during pic.. and ill post another after this too, i just dont know how to put more than one in each window

Attachments

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
and here, YES i drove it around like this ( and the above pic ) for a few weeks, bumperless and all, he he he, people moved when they say me coming, esp when i stripped the hood and ran aound with bare metal . LOL intimidation rules

Attachments

·
Registered
314 Posts
Speaking of doing things while in college....

I'm going to Wyo Tech this fall, and am going to take the Hot Rod Fabrication class. Supposedly I can do what ever I want to my own car if it follows what we are doing in class. So I was thinking about repainting my car, and maybe adding some ghost flames.
And the best part, all I have to do is pay for materials!

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
Really? I'm envious... I've always wanted to take classes like that..

Unfortunately, I made the decision to be a tech geek early on, not that that's a bad thing, pay's great, but my first love is wrenching... sigh....

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
yeah, i like those classes. all i have to pay for is primer and paint. i get the abrasive papers and stuff as part of the class. and the tools are there too. but i dont like the spray guns they have, so i have 4 of my own. :D also im going to try my hand at lead work this semester........... he he he

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
Mind you, on the flip side, I guess if I wasn't tech geek, we wouldn't be having this conversation right now, cuz this site wouldn't exist.... :)

·
Registered
364 Posts
HOT ROD FABRICATION!!!???

that's a college credit course??? what ever happened to readin, ritin, and rithmatic?

hey, is wyoming tech the school in rock springs? i use to love hitting that town on cross-countries. they had a great rock station in the early 70s.

no offense, but driving across wyoming after 2000 miles of highway, it didn't take much to create excitement.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts