Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All right as most of you know the Cat is back on the road after a scare of a possible lifter collapsing. Anywho got some quick ?'s for ya'll
1. On a 73 can the strut braces be removed without changing the suspension geomotry, i wish to paint them.

2. Anyone have a set of Cleveland Valve covers lying around i could have fairly cheap?

3. Is it possible to paint the engine bay with the engine still in there?

4. Anyone know how to repair the door striker bolt mounting area if it is rusted?

and 5. Anyone have a 4BBl Intake that will work with the 2V heads kicking aroud they are willing to part with?

Thanks for all your patience!

:D

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
1. Yes, just pull them off

2. yeah i have a killer set of M/T ones. no they arent for sale :D im evil. Ebay has tons take a look.

3. yes, trash bags, sandwhich bags and alot of tape are your friends.

4. kits are readily available to repair cracked striker plates. no reason off the top of my head why it wont work for a rusted one.

5.nope, only one i have is for 4bbl heads. i may not use it either. if i part with it you have to buy it all :D including the 4bbl heads, M/T covers and the holley 670 Street avenger carb. none of this stuff (exc the heads ) has ever been used. and no, it wont be cheap

·
Premium Member
3,404 Posts
He's a big help EH!!!!

Paper and tape is a pain on the mastercylinder, etc. use tin foil, it wraps around things nicely, just make sure you buy more if you use it all, the wife gets kinda pi$$ed,lol.
Use a good self etching primer on the engine compart. pressure wash it real good first, lightly scuff with a scotchbrite pad, primer, then a nice semi-gloss, will look real good. I did it to mine

http://communities.msn.ca/_Secure/0... check ebay, you can pick them up real cheap.

·
Premium Member
3,404 Posts
UMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!

maybe. since your gonna be rich, maybe:D

The valve covers have a chunk missing on the lip, but it never affected asealing. The intake has sat for a few years, and I never used it. Its an Edelbrock F 351 2V. Ill post a picture in the gallery.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts