Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I AM IN DESPERATE NEED OF A FAIRLY PRICED PASSENGER 1/4 PANEL FOR A 73 Cougar!!!!!!!

PLEASE HELP I AM VERY TIGHT ON CASH BUT WILL FIGURE OUT SOMETHING< IT IS THE ONLY THING KEEPING MY CAR OFF THE ROAD!

THANKS AND sorry for yelling:):cry:

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
thought you had one?? i could get one, but shipping would kill ya. sorry man

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Parts

It's a long drive to California from Mass. too!-------------------------By the way Steve, did you find a box for those wheel lip moldings yet? And did that 73 have a non broken drivers seat? I forgot to ask you.

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
yup, gotta box just have to head to UPS for the shipping info tomorrow. and the drivers seat was..... i think it was ok. well the upholstry and foam were umm, bad to say the least but i think the frame was fine. the back seat seatback was pretty nice as well. even the upholstry. blue though.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Steve

My drivers seat is broke...it's actually on the passenger side now. I got a piece of 2x4 inbetween the back and bottom to hold it level with the other one. Or take it out and you can ride LOWRIDER STYLE! hehe. I don't care about the upholstory on the seat. I'm getting all new by Christmas! The rear seat is different in 73 than 72. Found that out from Cougrrcj. I tried to get some Ginger XR-7 interior rear trim panels from him and the rear seat is shaped different. Have to change the whole rear seat. Oh, well...also looking for rear trim panels in Ginger for XR-7. Mine are green Standard Cougar trim panels. (very good condition) Maybe, someone wants to swap!!!:p:

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
im going tomorrow to err, help myself to some of this cars chrome.... so ill make sure the seat is ok and check what the price is on it if you are interested. shipping might be a pain though, but ill still look into it. maybe if worse comes to worse i can strip it to the frame and send that along. still might be like 30 for shipping though. but hey, Mustangs unlimited charges like 160 for a new seat frame so this will still be cheaper lol. ill take a look. oh yeah, this one has some rear panels in it too. blue and not too bad of shape. i THINK its a Standard. big THINK. anyone else out there knows how to tell a Standard from an XR7 in 73??? i sure as hell cant. it had XR7 hubcaps in the trunk though... but who knows.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
check the front grill emblem

The grill emblem on a XR- will say that , a standars has a silver cat like the one on the dash

Alsoi the seats are different they wont have the center running cat stiching

Steve please find out how much shipping would be i do not care anymore i will find the money!!!

PLMK
Oh and i do want those bezels! And a drivers taillight lense if possible

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
both taillight lenses are broken, ok ill get the shipping info for the grill bezels as well tomorrow. the grill emblem is missing too though..... im gonna snag the chrome for it tomorrow though lol. ill check in the trunk and stuff for it, they show up sometimes. im letting you know now, the shipping will be at least $125 for the 1/4. thats on top of the price for the 1/4 itself which remember, is a junk yard piece and may have previous repairs. i would have to pull it or have a guy in the yard pull it. he will charge 75 to pull it off and the yard will probably charge 60- 80 for the 1/4 itself. on top of all that, errr, whatever you choose to donate to my cause... so roughly 300 or possibly more for it. if you lived in Cali close by i could go with you and help pull it, but shipping is murder.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Well as far as I know no real diffrence between XR7 and standard rear interior qtr panels. Now as to the how to tell look at the dash should say cougar xr7 on glove box door and also have an oh jesus handle in front of the passenger. Hope this helps out alittle.

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
no glove box door left on it, umm there is a camera case finish on the dash and surrounding the guages ( which is in really nice shape by the way -- guages too ) OH!! there is no tach ... is that a tip off?

·
Registered
160 Posts
Well new info, Now according to the 73 cougar owners manual I bought the 73 XR7 has a tach in it and the standard does not. I cann't be extremely sure but sounds like its possibly a standard 73 cougar.

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Mustangs Unlimited has some used 71-73 parts available:
http://www.mustang-unl.com/cgrparts.htm
1971 Owners Manual
1971-73 Hood Molding
1971-73 N.O.S. Temperature Gauge, Pt. # D1wy10883B
1971-73 Hood
1971-72 Rear Quarter Extensions
1971-73 Grille Ornament
1971-73 RH Headlight Housing (Fair)
1971-73 LH Door
1971-73 RH Door
1971-73 Rear Bumper (Core)
1971-73 Door Panels, XR7, Ginger
1971-73 Bucket Seats, Ginger, Std.
1973 N.O.S. LH Front Fender Extension Molding,
Pt. # D3WY13B166B

Cougar Kitty - check out those GINGER seats and door panels!

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
73XR7 - try these guys....

Try Powerhouse Performance Parts @ 519-524-2211. They are in Goderich, Ontario, Canada. I bought the quarters for my 69 from them and was very pleased. Even with the UPS charges from Canada into US they were cheaper than most I have found locally - and much better quality.
The guys at the body shop couldn't believe it when I walked in with them. They had a website, http://www.powerhouseperformanceparts.com, but I couldn't connect just now.
Owner's names are Rick & Jodi Berwick. Very nice folks. As Rick says, "If I don't have it I can get it".
G'luck! :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts