Mercury Cougar Owners banner

OK, how do I ID a 1970 Eliminator...

735 views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  joneskm 
#1 ·
...Can it be done by the VIN (I don't think so, but I'll ask anyway)?

I found a 1970 Coug 0F91M5xxxxx with evidence of a hood scoop and a rear spoiler (mounting holes and outlines in the paint). The paint is faded so bad that there is no evidence of stripes. What else do I look for? No ID badges on the inside...

#2 ·
Well you are absolutely correct. The 91 dictates a 2-door hardtop. The eliminator was considered a trim option. In 1970 there were 49,479 hardtops produced of which 2267 became eliminators. If you have the trim codes I can tell you if it is an eliminator or not.

Kirk

#6 ·
If you order a Marti Report you can authenticate that the cat is an Eliminator. You can get a basic report for a minimal fee to let you know if you are thinking of purchasing this car. Also, you can contact the Eliminator Registrar (Frank Bowers) and see if it has been registered before with the database.

#9 ·
Interested!

Dan

I would really appreciate more information on the ECat if you do not intend to buy as a project for yourself. I have been looking for an Elimantor for a while and I am willing to get a Marti report on the car. Can you provide more details or put me intouch with someone who can. I would really appreciate your assistance. My e-mail is joneskm@cox.net or call me at (757) 619-2532.

Kevin

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.