Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been trying to determine if I have the correct oil pressure sender on my 289 (the motor is 1968...car 1967). I've searched this site with no results (maybe it's just me:rolleyes: ) . I've browsed several vendor's websites and got conflicting info. There are two types, the SW667 "shorty" style and the larger SW673. One site says the 673 style is for 67-68 cougar 289 with tach and in the same line 67-69 Mustang 289 without tach??? Another site indicates the 673 is for a cougar with tach. Should there be a difference between Cougars and Mustangs??? Then another site indicates the 667 "shorty"style is for 67-68 Cougars with a 289. Can anyone tell me which one to use on a 68 289 in a 67 coug with NO tach, just the warning light? :confused:

Thanks,
Mike

·
11,000 Posts
Mustangs with a tach have no oil pressure guage. Mustangs without a tach have an oil pressure guage. The reverse is true of Cougars.

The larger one is for Cougar XR-7's with an oil pressure guage. The little short one is for standard Cougars with an oil pressure idiot light.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Great, Thanks for the info Royce and Leon! I was misguided by the Mustangs Unlimited catalogue I guess:rolleyes: They have the large sender for non tach cougs.

·
Registered
85 Posts
speaking of oil sending units...i need a new one for my 71 XR7 351 4V. I'm only finding sending units for cars with without the tach. Does anyone know where i can get a sending unit for my car??

·
11,000 Posts
I bought one at Pep Boys last year.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts