Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have completed my move from "dreary day in Federal Way, WA" to "sometimes it's hot-sometimes it's not Edmonton, Alberta" The cougar survived the 1000 miles on the back of the UHAUL and I've got her purring like a 'cougar'. In my travels through eastern Washington a REAL LIVE COUGAR ran across my path...Call that a coincidence: No way it was fate!

I hope to hear from any one else in the Edmonton area to cruise and talk cars....

I'm glad to be back in the Great White North (at least until the snow flies and the Cougar goes into hibernation).

johnny

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
There used to be 5 or 6 of us Cougar guys in Edmonton back in the early 90's... Don't know where everyone went too?

Sigh... Ah, the good 'ol days cruisin' Jasper Ave and 118th ave... Is the A&W still open at 45th and 118th? Spent many a Friday night up there...

·
Premium Member
3,404 Posts
Cool, Im only 8 hours away,lol. We are going to have to set up a mini meet next spring for us Canadians, even Logan if he's able,lol.

Rick

·
Contributing Member
374 Posts
Welcome back!

I'm down Calgary way and good to see more Cougar guys coming back.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Be Happy

Nice place. Went all the way up there from Oklahoma to a horse show pulling a 4 horse trailer with living quarters. It was a long hard haul but well worth the trip. Wish you the best of luck in whatever you do. Take good care of your Cat.

·
Contributing Member
162 Posts
Welcome Johnny!

Welcome to the Great White North....nice to have another classic in our midst. Don't forget that little city half way between Edmonton and Calgary eh.....Red Deer has a few nice old Cougars kicking around as well. It's worth stoping in and having a cruise around anyway. I kind of miss it.....

Dale

·
Banned
4,754 Posts
Ahhhlberta

Ahhh Alberta in the summer time. What a beautiful place. You don't know how many times I think about jumpin in an ole cat and makin that drive thru the Rockies one more time top down. Stoppin in Banff Canmore Lake Louise etc on way back thru Rocky Mtn house and down past that glacier. Oh man I wanna do that again for I'm pushin weeds but everytime I open my wallet I wake up. :rolleyes: Now how are those big aphid looking creatures. You know the ones that come out at night there under the light and look prehistoric? Few inches long.They's creepy. Seriously though Alberta is a beautiful place in the world but you need a be a billionaire in this country to go anywhere at $4 gallon and 18 mpgs. My eyes opened a bit today when I see Alan Rock has a chance at the leadership. If you do not know what Allan Rocks policies are or what he did check it out. Very interesting man who was responsible for John and Yoko meeting Pierre Eliote Trudeau right after the montreal bed in of 71 or so in 1971 or so and much much more since.This country needs something Ideas anyone?.Help I feel the price of gas rising again.$.79 litre here now for regular cheapo.glug glug

·
Registered
70 Posts
We can ***** about the gas prices forever because well... they suck. They are ridiculously expensive! Just the other day, I filled up the Cat and it cost me $52.00 :(

But if we really wanted to save money we could all buy Toyotas and Nissans, lol. Seriously though... we should all be thankful we don't live in Europe!

Sly

·
Registered
216 Posts
Texas... An oil refinery on every street corner in Houston I think... Gas must be pretty cheap down there eh Logan? They pump the stuff right out of the ground all over the place down there...

Ron.

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
The lack of any perceptable winter is definately a bonus. I can pretty much drive my cat year round if the urge suits me...

I moved here because of the perpetually crappy economy north of the border and all the things that go with that topic. Such as high taxation, high cost of living, crappy pay, etc etc...

The funny part is that now my kids are American citizens and we're Canadian...

Gas down here right now is $1.49/gallon for Premium, 1.29/gallon for regular...

·
Contributing Member
162 Posts
Not a Fordnutz Member Just Yet!

Hey Jim....not yet but planning on it. I've been on the road working stateside for the past year and will be for the next 18 months at least. So it doesn't leave a lot of time to be going to meetings or even working on my Cougar for that matter...:(

Are you formerly from Vancouver or ?? You seem pretty far away to know about a local club and all.

Hey Logan....it's been a while since I've been back to central AB but when you mentioned Blackfalds and Ponoka .... well you brought back some fond memories. In fact I just remembered that I still have a pickup sitting on a farm out there that I need to go and rescue one of these days before someone strips it. Gotta get the old 64 GMC on the road again.....

Dale

1 - 19 of 19 Posts