Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
913 Posts
That is one company, but there are many more, do a Bing search

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Those are some weird looking creatures! Isn't there a problem with the led's not drawing enough current to allow the sequential system to work properly?

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
You mean what I have been babbling about or the LED taillights that WCCC was talking about (probably that I'm guessing).

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Just what I have read on here.

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I know I've seen a few threads about the LED lights, and that they draw less amperage, and so do tend to flash faster. Until recently, there was NO WAY I was going to pay that much for them...However, having seen the demo that I posted, they look like a much more viable option...Plus, it seems they are getting a bit more reasonably priced to me as well.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
in our 67 , we used superbrightleds 3 wayy luxeun bulbs in the rear , front , opera ,and underdash court light-----they have 129 viewing but are no larger than a 1157---used the 4led ba9 for all the dash INDICATOR lights---on a 67 , only the indicator lights use a flasher---you can jump the turn signals to the wires running to the front turn signals or get the solid state box from vic yarbery @ cougars unlimited---i'm not sure about an xr7 but a std dash has clear tape over the indicator tunnels---it had turned yellow---cut them out and replace them with clear tape
make sure you order the correct color for each lens
doctordesoto

·
Registered
60 Posts
http://www.hipoparts.com/1967-73-mercury-cougar-led-gauge-light-conversion-kit/
All of the kits here are custom made, researched extensively and provided with CLEAR instructions !
Expect a press release, forum post with 10% discount tomorrow. Different price points, color options and even full car lighting available for our cars.

Mark
P.S. ALWAYS consider needle paint while restoring guages http://www.hipoparts.com/fluorescent-speedo-gauge-needle-restoration-paint/

(For those that can't wait use DISCOUNT CODE: AZMLK10 )

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Hey Mark,

Very interested in checking out your LEDs. I think I can spring for a set. Would like to do an article on them as that is a real cheap swap out that has a real nice value and safety implications. Reduced heat and greater visability, expecially the tail lights is a big win.

I am at work right now and didnt read through all the details but is there a digital sequential box available from you guys as well or do we continue to use our mechanical units?

Thanks.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hi Mark
(Working backwards) The LED/SMD's in the 1157 size is compatible with the mechanical box. (no need to purchase digital unit if your original is working) When it comes to tail ights you are correct that these reduce heat & current draw. Though much brighter they still retain the ratio, between running and stop that is law in all states.

Mark
P.S. PMing you now as to tech article and link back

1 - 11 of 11 Posts