Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well...

Got sick of waiting for the Marauder to come in and was missing my 99 Lightning so much I went and bought a new one...

Nice to be behind the wheel after a couple months of driving our 98 Taurus daily...

Visit HERE for pics!

·
Registered
160 Posts
Wow nice truck there. You should have seen all the lightnings at the world ford challenge5 in St.Loius. Some really nice ones and fast to boot what a truck!!!!

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
no Maurader???? SAY IT AINT SO JEEBUS!!!!!

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's so... No marauder... Truck runs circles around it anyway. BUT, I do have a photoshoot scheduled with the first one to arrive in Dallas for the site...I'll be sure to get a test drive too...

rbaney, Yeah, WFC is the event of the year for the Lightning crowd. I know probably 20 of the guys who went this year...Including the Top Truck Champ, John Wiker..

·
Contributing Sr Motorhead
5,470 Posts
So, Logan...

I thought you were getting the Marauder because you needed the room for the two new additions/child seats... You know, family car and all. Hmmmm. Keeping the Taurus and minivan too?

Anyway, have you formally given up your order for the Marauder? Is it possible to obtain/reassign your place on the waiting list? My brother-in-law has been lusting after one since I showed him the inital press release over a year ago. He went to our spring auto show here just to see one in person. He's a fellow computer geek DBA/mainframe administrator. C'mon, give him a break! ;)

As for Marauder vs Lightning performance, what does a Lightning do these days? What are the projections for the Marauder? I have a guy on my mail route whose son works at Ford Corporate in Detroit but comes home on weekends. He's been driving a pre-production Marauder for a couple of months now. He says it is quicker than he would have thought, and his other car is a GT Mustang. He's been running his GT at a local strip in MI, and with just a new high flow exhaust he's getting 13.8s. Form what he says, the Marauder might be close to that with its better gearing and a little tweaking. I'm waiting for him to give me a track report on his demo Marauder!

·
Registered
429 Posts
I have a classic one!!!!

Everyone needs a truck. If you live in TX and don't have a truck then something is wrong. ;) I've got my own verson of your truck. It is a 71 short wheel base (SWB) w/ PB, PS and best of all a big honkin' 460. I love that truck. Right now it needs it's C6 rebuilt, but after that comes headers and a straight up timing chain. Thats right it has the retarded one and the low compression. :cry: Soon it will be a monster. IF you ever decide to put on new wheels or know of someone who wants to get rid of some lightning rims then let me know. I would redrill my hubs for those things!

Thanks
Austin

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cj, Traded the taurus in for the Lightning. As for the kids, that's what the minivan is for... They don't need to be in my Lightning anyway. :) As for the order, the car is still coming, they can take a deposit on it if he's really interested. Email me offline if he really wants to come to Dallas to get it. It should be a low vin as it was ordered the day after the order bank opened.

I'm expecting the marauder to run a 14.5-14.8 sec 1/4 mile. It's a 4200lb sedan with 302hp and 318ft/lbs. It's paying for the extra weight...It should run neck and neck with a stock Mustang GT...

The lightning will run 13.4-13.6 1/4 miles all day long in stock trim in ambient temperatures. Consistent as all heck thanks to the awesome intercooler design. Puts out 380hp, 450ft lbs (Crank) from the factory. My 99 when I sold it was putting out 405rwhp and 504rwtq... It was good for a 12.9 1/4 mile at 108mph.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Sweet ride, Logan! I'm also getting tired of driving a 6 cylinder every day. It's a Contour SVT ('99), which isn't bad, but I bought it for my wife. When the baby came, she convinced me to trade in my Mustang GT ('82) for a Taurus SE('99) which she daily drives. I've really been itching to order a new supercharged SVT Cobra :) Now, how to convince the wife that the child seat will squeeze in there!

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I know exactly how you're feeling. I bought the wife the new 02 Mercury Villager back in march, and have been driving her 98 SE taurus since then...

Only problem with the new cobra's is no one will deal on them...Demand is too high. I got my Lightning on X-plan... I'm thinking the Mach1 will be just as, if not more popular than the cobra...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts