Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after a half a dozen years of having the cougar, I finally got the title changed over to my name today! I also got antique plates for it. It has been out of service so long that all records of the P.O. had been purged. I have the original title. It's definately a major milestone cause my 11 yo son loves cars and calls it the hot rod.

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
Andy,

I bought my car (Isabel after hurricane Isabel) in Poquoson, Va., anywhere near you? She was totalled and a real mess but I made her whole again, only took 6 years 11 months...

Regards,

Bob

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes it is close, about 30 minutes from home but about 10 from work. That area is a low lying area and always flood real bad. Isabel was a memorable storm but not too much worse that some of the Nor'easters we get. We were without power for a week.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Looks like a nice project cat!!!!

·
Contributing Member
1,011 Posts
Bob,
I never knew you got your car in Poquosson. I lived in Gloucester Point right across the river. You say after Isabel, but what year?

Sorry to jack your thread Andy, good deal and good project,enjoy the progress.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That's alright. Isabel was 2003 and I lived in p-town, oops, Portsmouth va during that storm. Worst part for us was being without power for a week. Trying to sleep with the windows opened and listening to the liqured up neighbors arguing at midnight. Poquoson was flooded quite a bit. A coworker had his first floor flooded out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts