Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Contributing Sr Motorhead
5,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have two OEM Ford 600cfm Holleys from GT390s at a buddy's house for rebuilding. He wants to put them on his swap meet table, but doesn't know what they're worth. He sold my other one ('67) for $75 and I was more than slightly PO'd!!!

These are the ones with the dual-inlet center-pivot front bowls and the exterior feed line on the passenger side to the center pivot rear bowl. NOT like a 4160-style transfer tube on the driver's side. Metering blocks on both primary and secondary sides. The 428CJ used the similar setup, but was 735cfm.

I have a 66 and 69-stamped carbs. Or should I put them on eBay to get a wider market. Any idea of value????

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
As I am sure you know Milo, ebay will usually yield maximum price and has a wider audience by far (which leads to the former). Of course there are the myriad of fees associated with going that route. CL is another option but you have to figure out what to ask price-wise.

·
Premium Member
6,980 Posts
Holley 4150 style?

What are the numbers? C9AF-9510-U is the most common carburetor found at swapmeets.

·
5,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My buddy was thinking about pairing it with a FE-4V intake... You know -- those 135-pound boat anchors. Why he wants to drag that heavy thing around to swap meets is beyond me, LOL!

I'll have to get the carburetor air horn numbers, but IIRC they're C6OF-AB and C9OF-? along with their List numbers and date codes.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
You can call Pony to see what he would give you for a core and then base your local selling price off of that.

Pony Carbs

Some of the "common" carbs and bad date codes are not worth very much other than as parts.

·
5,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
<edit> *edit* I thought better than to say what I wanted to say about Pony... :realmad:</edit>

1 - 6 of 6 Posts