Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I got this car the wires were coming out of the back and were cut off leaving about 3 inches.I have a new one I put it on the same,barly enough wire to plug in.What I want to know is aer the to come out twards the front?When you look at it ,it seem like it can be (flipped)and also give me mooore lengnth to plug it in.Thanks Dan PS- the tranny is a C-6

·
Registered
266 Posts
If I understand correctly, you are asking if you can flip the switch. I would say no because the switch only allows the vehicle to be started in two positions. Park and neutral. If you reverse the switch (if that is even possible) then it will only start in 1rst and 3rd. If by chance you are talking abut the wiring, you should be able to reverse the connections with no problems. The neutral switch is an on/off type switch.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I solved it

It has 2 groves in it,the way they are it can only go that way.what happed was the headers melted the wires.and there is only less than a 1/2 inch between the firewall and the headers.So I made the wire a little longer.I would like to put some insuatoin around it

·
Registered
266 Posts
If you need more wire I suggest that you solder a longer piece onto the remaining wire and use shrink tube to insulate it. You can make it as long as you like then. There must be some way you can reroute the wires to keep them away from the heat.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
MIND READER

I DID THAT IT WORKED GREAT.I WISH GOD GAVE ME ANOTHER ELBOW TO GET THE BOLTS IN.THANKS AGAIN DAN

1 - 5 of 5 Posts