Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all

Here's a nutty thought. I'm in the mood to sell the cat. Usually, these things just happen to go through my brain and exit quickly thereafter. I think this may be for real this time.

Anyways, the reason I'm posting this right now is to find out what I get for it. I've been looking on eBay for several weeks now, but there are so few convertibles that it's real hard for me to get a real figure.

It's a standard 70 convertible with 351c 2v and very few options, if any. Am Radio, power brakes and power steering and that's about it. Automatic with no power windows and no AC. The car sports 15 inch magnum 500 wheels on new rubber, but I have the stock hubcaps in the garage.

As for condition, you can view the car in my gallery and hopefully the pics do it justice. It probably needs new paint as the old one is about 15 years old, the interior is in really good shape, with only a small tear on one seat that's hardly noticeable, and rust is very minimal. The floor pans were all changed a few years back.

Chrome is good apart from the bumpers, which will need to be changed or replated. Top is "ok" but again, showing its age.

Engine runs fairly strong, to my knowledge there has never been a rebuild of any kind on the engine or tranny.

Alrighty, I'm rambling, lol. Any of the cougar experts here want to help out and give me ballpark numbers? I assume that whatever you give me as numbers will probably be gracing eBay's pages in the coming weeks. Then again, this could be a phase :)

·
Registered
669 Posts
Just one thought....you may regret selling it!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts