Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
... My fellow Cougar owners after five long months of none stop work... My Cougar is, at this hour, complete. It is completely breath taking and when I saw it today, done and beautiful, I could hardly contain myself.. except for this one trim piece, which is now beginning to piss me off... anyway pictures are coming. Look for them in about a week or so. For now I have these for everyone. They are a few of the before shots I took back in May [2002]. I know the pics are poor quality, but it was back when I was using a cheap digital camera I picked up for $20.

This first picture is a view of the rear of the car. Like that two-toned look?? It's really that the previous owner just didn't primer the car completely...
- Chad

Attachments

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
This next picture is of the underside of the truck lid [deck lid] what a beaut... half faded and crumbling gold paint.... mmm tasty!
- Chad

Attachments

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow before I got the car it sat for seven years - out in the elements... I drove home on those 7+ year old tires and trust me those cracks in the sidewall do not give you more traction out on the intersate!
-Chad
PS if you live in the bay area CA you know just how awful 880 is going from Oakland to south San Jose...

Attachments

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here's a shot of my stereo just kinda sitting there not really hooked up, wires everywhere. You can also see my brown ripped up carpet... Well guess what... It's supposed to be black....
- Chad -oh it get's worse...

Attachments

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here's a beautiful pic looking into the car... You can see that things are just sort of hanging on.. you may see some strange colors on the seat...it get's worse...
- Chad

Attachments

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
MMMM.... Saved the best of last... From this angel it almost looks as if a bomb blew up in my car. The seats are completely mashed to bits. I found it interesting that most of the seat foam was in my carpet and not in my seat. You can really tell by the huge dip where the seat foam is actually not there - just mashed up... Yes I did drive it home... just like this... and Yes it was a painful long ride home... in gridlock...

Well that's all - like i said new "after" pics coming in about a week or so..
-Chad

Attachments

·
Registered
86 Posts
That seat looks more like a year's worth of Taco Bell.

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
well... well...(tapapping foot on floor) where is the finished product???:D

Don

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Oh it's coming - pics in about a week. There's gonna be a lot of them too so be sure to check them out. Also up in this first post 1 said May 2002 obviously that's wrong, it shoud say May 2001. - Chad

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Yes Chad, I am also waiting for the pics too!!! Just please dont use that $20 camera again. Dont rush out and buy a new one though borrow one if you have to as I think you may need all your cash to get your car from the body shop. Those front seats remind me of last summer when the union hall sent me out to a job for a local contractor and when I opened the door of that Mack, the drivers seat looked about like the one in your picture. I closed the door and put my lunch box back in my car and told them to put a new seat in it and call me when it was fixed. They never called and I never went back. mm

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hehe - here is a pic of the beast - it's in my garage right now, and this picture is a horible pic from the 20 dollar camera. You can tell it looks good though ;) The real pictures I'm taking with regular film and having the pictures put on a CD. That's what I did with the pictures for that cougar show I went to, and they look real sharp. Man-0-Man that is one sexy car now!!! ok pics probably will be up on friday. -Chad

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts