Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my brother's truck he's building right now. It's a 1956 Ford F-100. Its Small Block Chevy engine is pushing 500 horsepower, but that's sure to increase with time... I'm hoping for a supercharger! We'll see. It's going through the whole process now and will soon be tubbed with some good ole suspension upgrades. Make no mistake, this is a Hot Rod. Hopefully I can get some pics of the engine/chasis and some pictures of the frame off build he's doing. - Chad

Attachments

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Chad, my dad has a 55 in his garage that I will probably end up with. He started redoing it but put it aside for a 60 T-bird convertible. There will be no GM motor in the 55 if I end up with it. Probably a bb ford with a Chrysler subframe and a chopped top. More than likely it wont get tubbed just the 3" wider back fenders to cover some nice sized tires. My brother and I were talking about doing it together for our wives to drive. mm

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Now for the story of the truck...

After he got back from the Army [stationed in Korea (yes they do eat dogs there!)] he got hitched and got himself a job as an electrician. Well he ended up doing a job for a guy and instead of taking money, my brother took his truck! So he got it for free and it already had the chevy lifeblood in it when he picked it up so he started fixing that up and before he new it bame it's fast. Maybe later on he'll go with a for engine that would be nice. Maybe the Ford racing 514ci 600hp big block then with a blower - that wouldn't be bad, but for now it's chevy or nothing till he gets the money. His wife is having a say in the trunk, but I don't think she'll drive it much because of the 24 1/2 inch tires going on the back of it or the open headers. Have fun with the 55 Mark. - Chad

1 - 4 of 4 Posts