Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the current market value for a NOS, in a Ford bag, Factory Holley Carburetor Choke Cover? This is the bakelite plastic cover with the heat sensing bithermal spring installed inside. Also included is the cover retainer and screws in the correct finish, and gasket.

Wihout having my Lincoln-Mercury Masterparts catalog currently with me, I believe this choke cover would be correct on either my '68 390-GT or W-code 427 GT-E Holley carburetor.

The current owner of these covers bought them from a Ford Dealership which went out of business several years ago.

Is his $125 asking price correct? After reviewing the Holley website, they are only offering the electric choke conversion kits at $58. Did not see any bithermal choke covers being offered for sale. Also did not see any of these choke covers being offered for sale on the Mansfield Mustang site (or any other site for that matter) either.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Any help with this question is greatly appreciated.

Would like your thoughts on this question of price because I am purchasing another part from the seller of the choke cover and would be able to get it without additional shipping costs.

I have really been unable to find any other choke covers that have been sold to compare prices with.

Thanks...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts