Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got into my car today and noticed the windshield was steamed up a lil bit. reminded me of when my heater core was bad. that was replaced a few months back so i know that wasnt it. i got down and looked under the heater box and saw that there was water dripping off of the far right side of it. now, i know that it isnt coolant. but today i was running the AC for about an hour just to be reminded that it does in fact still work. im guessing that this is condensation from the AC lines, but how is it getting inside of the car?? i know that they do run in, but has anyone had to deal with this before? is there a seal that i may be missing? am i screwed? this only happened today when i used the AC, so its not an all the time thing, but summer is coming in SoCal and it would be nice if i could use it whenever i decided to. help help help help help. before the carpet rots, the rust starts and the mildew smell scares away all the chicks. lol:1zhelp:

·
Registered
180 Posts
It may be that the drain hose is not going through the floor. Maybe when you changed the heater core it got pulled out. I think you should be able to see it come through if you look from underside of car. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
YUP! YUP! CONDENSATION DRAIN HOSE

Thats the usual problem. T he drain hose is to drain all the a/c condensation inside the box and it is a kinda small hole with a rubber hose that is clamped to a black plastic/fiberglass nipple from the back of the box. If this nipple is broken or cracked you have a leak; or if it is clogged up you have a leak; or if the rubber hose is off or cracked you have a leak; I have even seen wasps make a home in the bottem end of the hose under the floorboard where the water will drain out and plug it up. make sure the drain is not cracked and the hose is good and unplugged and you will probably have solved your problem..

STAY COOL 69..:D

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
there is a drain hose there.. i remember pulling it out when the heater core job was done. i did put it back and its still attached. funny thing is that it doesnt seem to be leaking from there. almost like the heater box is sweating on the opposite side of the drain tube. ill take a pic in a sec from where it is coming from. but damn!! the AC works good! i wanna use it now... lol

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Those fiberglass boxes get real brittle with age. My drain tube was broken off the box compleatly. Sounds like yours may have a crack in it. Get out your cloth and resin. mm

1 - 5 of 5 Posts