Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would like to buy a non-AC dash block off walking cat. Have one, need another to put one each on Cobra front calipers for my Cobra disk conversion.

I don't think there is a slightly larger cat on our cars I could use, if someone knows of one, let me know. The block off cat is 1 7/16" wide.

The 69/70 standard door emblems are bigger at about 2 1/16" (about the right size), but are one piece with the background they are on. Cutting them out without damaging them would be next to impossible. Come to think of it though, the door panel ones are right and left facing, the AC block off one is left facing (only). Might look pretty dumb to have the PS caliper have an emblem with the Cougar head facing downward. Hmmm.

Anyway, anyone have a dash walking cat for me? Other ideas welcome as well.

Thanks,

Bob

·
Registered
142 Posts
Is this the one? How would one safely remove the cat?

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, that is one. The way you remove the cat is to carefully cut away the stud heads on the back side, I use sharp diagonal cutting pliers.

However, I have gotten one from Randy Goodling so this need has been filled, thank you though.

Still looking for a pair of L/R facing cats from 77-79 vinyl top cars in the quarter sail area. Those are what I really want, for adorning Cobra calipers on the conversion I will be starting soon.

Regards,

Bob

1 - 3 of 3 Posts