Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Bled the brakes removed all the air and started the car my foot went straight to the firewall.. Checked fluid all good, the booster is new reconditioned and this is the first time i attempt to use it. Pedal still goes to the floor, any ideas would be appreciated. I think that there should be a one way valve between the booster and inlet manafold, Will buy one tomorro and try it

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
If the master is new, have you bench bled it before putting it in the car and bleeding in the car?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If the master is new, have you bench bled it before putting it in the car and bleeding in the car?
Thanks for the reply, you have got me concerned how do i bench bleed it, and are you aware how much work is envolved in removing that sucker.

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
Fit a plastic/rubber tube, from the two outlets, and run them back into the reservoir. Your new master cylinder should have come with a plastic 'nut' with a nipple, for just that purpose. If you can 'hold' the master cylinder in a vice, with it plumbed as descibed, use a screwdriver or similar, and just keep pushing in and out on the plunger, until there is no more air...Then re-install onto the car..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts