Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 73 mercury cougar xr7. I have replaced the blower motor and all the vacuum lines under the dash but i still have very minimal air flow from my vents. What is causing this?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
If anyone could help my cell number is 7042533723 you can txt what you think to me instead

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
Did you check your heater switch? The one that controls the blower motor?

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Get under the dash and start moving the vacuum valve arms while the blower is on. You may have one that isn't working and all the vents are staying closed. The vacuum valves can leak and none of the doors will open without enough pressure. If you need to replace the vacuum parts, Classic Auto Air has them. I had a bolt that somehow jammed in my defrost vent door. So I could never get air to move to the hi low vents, it was always defrosting. Once I cleared that, everything worked fine. Just listen for any hissing while the car is running under the dash.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks guys ill try it. i recently went through and replaced all the vacuum lines in it tho and worked all the vacuum canisters loose so they moved but who know thats prob it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts