Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased my first Cougar this week. :) 69 XR7, 351, 4V, Auto, nasty discolored white interior and vinyl roof. Body work and paint (dark green) has been recently redone and looks great, but it needs a LOT of work otherwise. I have always LOVED the distinct look of Cougars, now I get to find out how easy or hard they are to work on!

I hope you guys can help me thru this process. Before I start on any items on my Cougar "to do" list, I'm going to try to search this forum first. Any other suggestions on where to go for info?

Jeff :wave:

·
Registered
367 Posts
Welcome and congratulations on the purchase! Almost all on this forum are very helpful - come across a question don't be afraid to ask. I have even seen posts where people have taken pictures of random parts and simply asked - what is it? I think this is probably the best place to start looking for info on what you might want to do and how to complete those tasks you identify. Good luck!

·
Registered
173 Posts
sweet! i started with the motor/tranny all the drive train. figured id dump all my money into it right off the bat before i had to pay rent and bills. didnt have my license at the time either so i wanted to get it driving by the time i was a licensed driver. 2 and a half years after i got my license and now its ready to drive after tomorrows radiator install! haha but now that i have bills and rent and have to feed myself... i get to do all the body work which is free work to me since im doing it myself. anyway, good luck!

·
Registered
508 Posts
Welcome Jeff !!

Congratulations on your purchase on one of the most head turning autos to roll off the assembly lines. Sequential tail lights, hide-a-way headlights, leather interiors, V-8 motors,....ahh yeah !!!!
Post some pics,..."let's see where your at". Need parts and advice, or just share your restoration progress, with those who know exactly what your next step is. Your Cougar is a unique vehicle, with a lot of parts that are Cougar specific, aka non Mustang. So, take away some of the head scratchin', joint in, and again, Welcome!

·
Registered
191 Posts
Re: Welcome Jeff !!

Welcome Jeff as stated above congratulation on getting a Cougar. This site has great people and information. Enjoy!
Steven

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Here's the only pic I have so far. I've already started repaired the broken grill and started tearing the interior apart. A forum member told me to check Autokrafters.com for parts. What's your experience with them? Good vendor?

Jeff

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

This is the only picture I have so far. I'll post more as I tear into her.

Jeff

1 - 8 of 8 Posts