1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well gents,

The Cougar has a new tow vehicle...

A White 99 Lightning...

Now the only question is, which is going to be faster, the tow vehicle or the cougar...

:)

·
Contributing Member
2,897 Posts
Ya should a

you should have got yourself a ranchero bolted the front of a a year coresponding cougar on the front and made yourself a Cougachero! congrats on your new aquisition. been a while since i have been back really like the new set up.

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
See now, I THOUGHT about doing a cougachero, but had a hard time finding the front end... So I had to settle for the 13.5 sec quarter mile truck...

Damn the luck eh? ;)

·
Registered
103 Posts
Yeah right........

The wife would have killed you if you tried to start a new project in her garage.

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I should send you a pic of the pretty Ford Corporate Blue floor in my garage now... Lightning looks damn good sitting on it...

The cougar will too... IF it EVER gets out of the shop...

·
Registered
103 Posts
uh huh..........

I'll send you a pic of the Supercrew when I get it.

That or a Super Duty F250 Crew Cab...............

I'll have to see how cheap I can get either.

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dyno run!!

Well, just for kicks I joined the guys from TALON (DFW Lightnings Club) for a dyno day at FasTech over in Garland...

The best truck there was putting out 396 rwhp and 480 ft/lbs of torque...

My bone stock 99 L did exactly what it was supposed to do, 329rwhp and 429ft/lbs torque...

I wasn't going to dyno it, I just went there to meet the guys, but the owner of fastech ended up keeping us waiting for 2 hours and gave everyone free dyno runs, so I figured what the heck...

Here's my results...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
I want one of them motors to put in my Eliminator convertible project!

Cougar Bill

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Those 5.4's are huge motors... They're physically larger than a big block is... Darn thing looks squished in my F150's engine bay as it is!

They're really stout though and a blast to drive. You just have to put up with all the rice boxes, camaros, vettes, and mustangs that for some strange reason have a uncontrollable need to get their asses handed to em on a plate by a TRUCK...

;)

·
Registered
103 Posts
oh brother....... what an attitude.
:D
Quit talking about your truck on the cougar page.

Its not a Cougar.

Your going to be just as bad as those 5.0 guys that used to think they had the fastest cars on the street.

·
Contributing Sr Motorhead
5,470 Posts
Quick tow vehicles

Gee, all I have to tow with is my wife's '97F-250HD ext cab with the last of the 460s! Take a stout 460, add the E4OD, and a set of 4.10 posi gears and you have one quick truck! Honestly though, she hated her last car (gutless 90 Grand Marquis) and she really misses her car before that (77Marquis w/460 that had been 'tweaked' and a rear gear change from a 2.40 open to a 3.25 posi) That old land yacht would scream!

My last 'fun' car, built justforthehellofit, was a duplicate of a DARE car I had built up for one of the local PDs a number of years ago... Take a 88 Crown Vic (mine was a 89 Marquis) add a 351W GT-40 equipped engine (from a wrecked 94 Lightning) and add a 8psi Paxton supercharger, a slightly higher stall speed converter, shorty headers (and still through hi-flow catalysts) and a 3.55 posi rear. That DARE car ran a [email protected] at the local track on police radials. It sure got a load of respect after that! Alas, the new chief didn't like the looks of the square Vic, so they built up a drug-siezed 'Vette instead. More sizzle I guess for the kids. I tried to buy the old Vic but they wouldn't let me have it since the money used to build it up had come from the departments drug siezures. I then built my 89 Marquis to emulate that car. I certainly had fun with blowing away the young punks in thier 'thumper' wanna-be rides, especially when I 'bark' second gear!

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Could be worse, a local PD around here actually did up a new beetle for a DARE vehicle... UGH is all I have to say...

Hmmm... A lightning with lights on top... Imagine that coming up on your butt... Scary.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts