Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 68 XR-7 Cougar that I would love to make as my daily car. What I need to learn to get to this dream is to know all about suspension. I dont want to race with my car but I do want it to have power when I need it. What my boyfriend did was give me a book called "Muscle Car Handle" Now I am trying to cheat. I am no mechanic but I think he is going to try really hard to make me one. Right now we are going to put a 5.0L engine from a 1990 mustag. Can anyone one help? What is a really good suspension without breaking the bank?
<!-- / message -->

·
Premium Member
6,980 Posts
I have a 68 XR-7 Cougar that I would love to make as my daily car. Can anyone one help? What is a really good suspension without breaking the bank?
<!-- / message -->
Welcome new Cougar owner!

That would be a stock suspension, with new parts. Anything else will break the bank. Inspect your steering box for excess play, while your at it.

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
Welcome new Cougar owner!

That would be a stock sus*****on, with new parts. Anything else will break the bank. Inspect your steering box for excess play, while your at it.
LOL on the "auto-sanitizing" of "suspension", guessing there is a typo there which caused this (not that I am a stickler for spelling or anything :buck:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts