Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey whats up people anybody have any 69 wheel well trim lol ive got 2 front and 2 rear nos just hate to use them !!! Ive had headman or hooker headers on my cougar 428cj c-6 1-3/4 Since 89 , just bought a pair from crites 2 inch that they swore would fit power steering cars not. The slave valve is missing the drop by 3 inches does anybody have any ideas? they r great headers single tube and flange but i dont see being able to use them my ranchero aint here rite now TO LOOK AT THE STEERING SYSTEM i cant remember when they got away from slave valves ,, for a conversion my model a has a rack 400.oo down the tubes or drive with out power steering

·
Registered
545 Posts
thoughtsseemtoruntogetheralot FOR YOU. hopeyouget itfiguredout. lol

Please keep in mind that we may be better positioned to respond if a note is formatted in such a way that a thought in a single sentence makes it easier to read. Punctuation is a big help as well.

Maybe you're using a phone? I can sympathize if so.

I've got some wheel trim and don't plan to use it ...but it's pretty beat up.

·
Registered
980 Posts
hey whats up people anybody have any 69 wheel well trim lol ive got 2 front and 2 rear nos just hate to use them !!! Ive had headman or hooker headers on my cougar 428cj c-6 1-3/4 Since 89 , just bought a pair from crites 2 inch that they swore would fit power steering cars not. The slave valve is missing the drop by 3 inches does anybody have any ideas? they r great headers single tube and flange but i dont see being able to use them my ranchero aint here rite now TO LOOK AT THE STEERING SYSTEM i cant remember when they got away from slave valves ,, for a conversion my model a has a rack 400.oo down the tubes or drive with out power steering
***FAIL***

What we have here is a "failure to communicate"...

·
Premium Member
6,521 Posts
Wow! Owned it since 1989! Most of us just talk about the car we had in 89 and should have kept... Headers and PS are a very hard combo to achieve, quit while you are still sane I say. Welcome to the site! BTW, is your car on in the National CJ registry of Cougars? If not please share some details like VIN, door data late info and options.

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
Touchy crowd here today! Must be the moon in scorpio or the summer solstice or some such...

Anyhow, post some pics of that bad cat!

Oh, and welcome :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts