Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning everyone. Just wanted to say HI! and intro. myself. I live in Allendale, MI and teach 8th grade American History, drivers ed. and drive school bus. I have recently sold my Corvette and now I am on a mission to find a '69 Cougar like the one I had in high school. :) Hopefully I can now enjoy cruises, car shows w/ my triplets.:)

·
Premium Member
156 Posts
Welcome Teach,

There are great people and lot's of information here.

You should have no trouble locating a great car. Actually it sounds like you need 4 cars.

Regards
Rick J

·
Registered
159 Posts
Welcome to the site. This site for me has been the best source of information. Good luck on your search for the 69.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, Guys, and Rick you are right I need more than 1. Hopefully, my kids will catch the muscle car fever and want an example of "older muscle car" rather than today's offerings. Biased - Oh, yes!!!.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Welcome to the forums! I do not own a 69 but i can see your intrest in them:) Good luck and we will always be here to help!

·
Contributing Member
246 Posts
Welcome! You will not find a more knowledgable and helpful group on the web. The guys and gals here are the best.
Good luck with your search.

How do you find time with triplets???:1poke:

·
Registered
180 Posts
Hey, welcome to the group! When I bought my first Cougar I found it through www.collectortraderonline.com . It was up your way in Kalamazoo, MI. Take your time and they will come your way. :D Scott

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Teacher eh? Everybody say "Hello Mr. Meyer!" :D

I've got a 1969 Cougar......great choice. Some people here (with strange bumps on their heads) like 1970 better LOL.

I'm from MN originally and live in San Diego. If you ever find a West Coast Cougar I'm sure one of us could check it out for you.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Welcome!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks

Hey, thanks again for the warm welcome. Evilmess thanks for the ebay. Love the '69 and am looking forward to my purcahse.:) My wife just thninks I am crazy- good to know I have plenty of company:D

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
Crazy... whadaya whadaya whadaya mean??!!.. LOL

hey seriously... welcome to the best cougar site in the world!!!!

Don

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
Hi, welcome to the forum, when you get your cat let your wife drive it, then she'll also want one and you'll only need to get another 2, worked for my husband. What does the B stand for?
How old are the triplets? Quite a few members have twins, maybe Logan should open a forum for the "more than one at a time parents".

Tim what do you mean strange bumps, surely you meant strange grooves permanently cut into the skull, deeper at the back of the head, missing a bit in the middle and then a deeper hole just where the head jerks back in pain...........I forgot to take the advice of someone who said 'always wear a cap when working on the engine'.

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
>>Tim what do you mean strange bumps, surely you meant strange grooves permanently cut into the skull, deeper at the back of the head, missing a bit in the middle and then a deeper hole just where the head jerks back in pain...........I forgot to take the advice of someone who said 'always wear a cap when working on the engine'.<<

Yes I was speaking of the dreaded and infamous "70 Fang"! Most of those owners don't jerk back anymore.....their motor skills are impaired:biggrn2::D

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
LOL, thought I was just getting old, glad its only the motor skills.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Hey welcome fellow Michigander, I'm not to far away from you I'm in Redford Township. I've been into mustang's my whole entire driving life, cougar's the last 3 or so, and I still have a corvette in my driveway. Which is for sale, I'm donating all my money to the cougar project..... By the way nut's is a understatement.
Jon

·
Contributing Sr Motorhead
5,470 Posts
Rather than wearing the hat when working on a 70, why not just put the hat on the 'Fang'? I get too darned hot wearing a hat.

Oh, and B, welcome!

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
Good point, or tie a pillow under it.

"You know you have spent too much time under the hood when your head automatically ducks without you thinking about it"

"Why do Fords have hoods, to keep the sun off your neck while working on them"

·
Registered
123 Posts
Good luck on your search! My wife had absolutely no interest in my projects,till I pulled in with the 69 vert. She then started acting like a 12 yr old at a slumber party! The next day, SHE was cleaning the interior. I knew then I would have to share. The cougar mystique strikes again( this isn't my first, but hers)!
You might be surprised as to your spouse's response, there's something about "the mark of the cat" !!!
Another Michigander, Bob

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
WELCOME

Teach history and want a 69, what a story!
How much of a project are you looking for?
welcome again!
shane:D

1 - 20 of 27 Posts