Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I'm new to the site, I'm originally from Bedford, IN but live outside of Indy now. Recently bought a unique Eliminator and looking forward to meeting more people who are into Cougars.
Jeremy

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't think I've been completely approved for the site, as I can't see any other posts in this section, but hopefully I'll get accepted. It's a special order paint Black '70, 428 SCJ, 4.30, 4-speed. The car should be here on Tuesday if all goes well, it does need to be assembled, here's a couple of pictures:

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
Welcome aboard !

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
Welcome to the madness! X2, what Jeff said about pics.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Would love to see some pictures! Welcome from another new guy around here.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Thanks guys. Not sure if this post will go through as I guess my account is not fully activated. I have been trying to reply but nothing's going through, I have not been ignoring anyone. The Eliminator is a Black, 428 SCJ, 4.30 super drag pak, 4-speed car. I will post pictures when I get fully activated, it's my winter project. The body is all original and paint has been laid, just need to build the drivetrain and finish assembly, it's a 16,000 mile California car.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry guys, I'm not ignoring anyone but I don't think my account has been fully activated so I can't seem to make any posts. Not sure why I was able to start a thread. Anyway, the Eliminator is a 16,000 mile Black, 428 SCJ, 4.30 super drag pak, 4-speed car. It's going to be my winter project, body is perfect and original with frash paint, just need to build the drivetrain and final assembly.

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
I approved your posts, so you should be in good shape. Sweet looking car man! Very unusual special order too. Love the matte black decal on gloss black!

Welcome.

Regards,

Bob

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks Bob, I'm really excited to get moving on the car, it should be here tomorrow. I guess it will take some time to get completely activated as I can't see any other threads in this section. I reckon I just need to be patient. Thanks again for approving my posts!

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
johnboy I like the cragars I gotta get me some new wheels I hate the ones I have on my cat
Really? My thought was that they were something different and kinda cool. Think I looked at those or something similar when I was going through "my process" for wheel choice. I like Cragars too, you might consider Foose Legend's isf you are going for an updated SS look.

·
Premium Member
1,276 Posts
johnboy I like the cragars I gotta get me some new wheels I hate the ones I have on my cat
It always come down to a matter of personal taste. I couldn't afford Cragars for my first cat, so, when my cougar came with them, I surely decided to stick them puppies on, and keep them.

http://www.classiccougarcommunity.com/forum/gallery/image.php?mode=medium&album_id=12&image_id=25

Yours don't look that bad, and are probably worth a lot more than the Cragars S/S.

bottom line: enjoy looking at it, AND driving it.

psssst.... most folks here do both at the same time when stopped in front of glass buildings :lol:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Welcome! I see you made it over from the boss forum.
Mike
I sure did, figured I needed a place to discuss the new car.

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
Welcome aboard Jeremy !

1 - 20 of 21 Posts