Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a company or web site that sells aftermarket body panels, I need a pair of fenders for my '70 and I don't want used.

I'm tired of used, the dents, dings and rust put me off, I want perfect!

What about doors? I see complete door shells for Mustangs, what about at least skins for Cougars, I can't find a site that sells skins either.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Glass parts

I looked into glass parts as well, I have a fiberglass one-piece front end on my '69 that I worked out great, but the '70 is a street car and I'd prefer to go with steel.

As far as WCCC, $300 for each fender (BTW - that's twice the cost of a new repro mustang fender), plus another $150 to crate and ship, I'm up to $750 and they're still used. :eek2:

Just so I don't have a bunch of people saying "So why didn't you just buy a Mustang?". Let me set the record straight, I love my Cougars, and I wouldn't trade them for ten Mustangs.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
I don't think anyone in this forum will say that ;-) Yea, that price is twice a mustang repro part. But most Cougars parts are MUCH more expensive than Mustang replacement parts.

Don sells quality stuff. I've bought plenty from him before. He'll send you a picture of what you are getting and give you an accurate assesment of the shape of the part. I'd still take a quality original part over an aftermarket piece.

Good luck.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
If you dont find anything in the next week or so, let me know. I plan on looking at another Cougar the last weekend of this month and the guy I'm going to see keeps lots of Cougar parts (he just brought some stuff back from Nevada) and probably has what you need for less. Best part is he's from central IN so it would just be a days road trip for you. Or if I go back later for the car I could bring them back to NW IN for you. mm

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Jim I agree with you, original is always better than aftermarket. The problem is finding the parts locally so I can check them out before I buy. To simply cross my fingers and hope that "Rust Free" has the same meaning on both sides of the transaction isn't a gamble I'm willing to take.

Mark's guy sounds promising. Mark, is there a way I could get in touch with him directly? I would certainly use your name and let him know that it was a referral.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Mark!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sorry Jim, I didn't see your message before my post, thank you as well.

I'll defiantly give Don a try if this doesn't work out.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sorry again

That was definitely not defiantly. Spell check can be a curse, one word, whole different meaning.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts