Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What if?

Would you guys be interested in being able to buy a kit that included the headlight trim for the GT-E and the matching set for tail lights? If so, how much would be willing to pay for:

A. Headlight set
B. Taillight set

If you think this is a bad idea a vote of $0 would do

I think that these could be done for around $200 for the front and probably $175 for the rear, if we can get enough buyers interested.

We could also do the '69 and '70 rears and the '70 front if they can be made to fit.

·
Registered
3,320 Posts
What if?

Would you guys be interested in being able to buy a kit that included the headlight trim for the GT-E and the matching set for tail lights? If so, how much would be willing to pay for:

A. Headlight set
B. Taillight set

If you think this is a bad idea a vote of $0 would do

I think that these could be done for around $200 for the front and probably $175 for the rear, if we can get enough buyers interested.

We could also do the '69 and '70 rears and the '70 front if they can be made to fit.

Bill,

Are you just talkin' the "bars" for the front and the just the Bezels (blacked out) for the rear? Or are you talking blacked out front grilles too?

Just wanted to clarify ;)

B

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good point Brian!

What I am talking about is the bars that go across the front grill, and also a set that could go across the rear tail light grills like the XR7-S prototype. I will try to find a picture so you can see what the rear ones looked like.

I think that Don could offer black powder coated rear light grills, and maybe black powder coated front chrome grill pieces on an exchange basis. Of course Don needs to respond to that... LOL!

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
I would be in for a set of GTE headlight bars if they were $200 or less. I also would pre pay if needed. Rear bezels I'm not certain about. Mine are good and I'd probably just stick with those. But would be interested to see what you come up with.

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
I'd love to see the pic, Bill. I thought that they were different than production taillight bezels.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Bill, the front bars are being repop'd by Hank H. They are about 200. I'd drop him an e mail and see if he could do rear bars. Let me know. John

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Here's a pic of the S rear. XR7Srear1.jpg

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The bars appear to be an extrusion. There is a recess in the middle of two raised bars that are polished on the front bars. Ti looks to me like the rear bars are the same but they put a reflective tape in the middle of the two polished areas.

I wish that Hank would put up a web site or something that lists everything he is said to offer.

·
11,000 Posts
Here are the tail light bars:

Attachments

·
Registered
416 Posts
No offense but id rather not see a lot of GTE clones running the streets (even just the headlights) we know hank makes the side moldings also so its just a matter of time. With the number of shelby clones out there "old and new" they have lost the appeal. and look at the clone Eliminators. Let's not start the GTE clones.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
New Repro Product Idea: GT-E exhaust trumpets

Bill,

I would be more interested in a reproduction of the GT-E quad exhaust trumpets. I know those would be considerably more difficult to reproduce to exact original specs, but have you tossed that idea around?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Boodieman, Tom there is a guy on Boss forum thats redoing boss exhaust tips. The question of GT-E tips was mentioned. Not sure if he was also looking at doing them. The number of tips needed may not offset his cost...

·
Supporting Vendor
1,014 Posts
Who's Hank??? What else does he make and sell? Thx.......
Hank Huisman is in Florida and owns Paradise Automotive via - http://www.ascmclaren.com/ . He produces the GTE side moldings, Grille Bars, Cougar Air Cleaners, air cleaner snorkels and a few other items. He is the brother of George Huisman who owns Classic Design Concepts in Michigan.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Scott Fuller just completed the first run of G tips. They are at WCCC currently. He is considering the GTE tips currently. Scott already makes the Mustang quad tips and can make the non dimpled GTE ones from that tooling. The cost to mfg is more than most would think and a careful analysis of market is required to make it pencil. Scott is doing this now. Scott has a very good reputation with the Shelby and Boss forum as a supplier of perfect reproduced exhaust systems. He is busy with that market and has a real job as well. He does not want to market the Cougar offerings direct. He has given WCCC an exclusive at this time on the G tips.

http://www.scottfullerreproductions.com/page/page/4594567.htm

·
Premium Member
6,980 Posts
Scott Fuller just completed the first run of G tips. They are at WCCC currently. He is considering the GTE tips currently. Scott already makes the Mustang quad tips and can make the non dimpled GTE ones from that tooling. The cost to mfg is more than most would think and a careful analysis of market is required to make it pencil. Scott is doing this now. Scott has a very good reputation with the Shelby and Boss forum as a supplier of perfect reproduced exhaust systems. He is busy with that market and has a real job as well. He does not want to market the Cougar offerings direct. He has given WCCC an exclusive at this time on the G tips.

http://www.scottfullerreproductions.com/page/page/4594567.htm
I am getting photos done today of those XR7-G exhaust tips. Scott Fuller's credo is "If it's worth doing, it's worth over doing".
He has duplicated the exact Shelby part number stamping, font, size, upside down "M" for a "W", and the ever so slight misalignment of the letters in the line.

·
Registered
3,320 Posts
I am getting photos done today of those XR7-G exhaust tips. Scott Fuller's credo is "If it's worth doing, it's worth over doing".
He has duplicated the exact Shelby part number stamping, font, size, upside down "M" for a "W", and the ever so slight misalignment of the letters in the line.
Drooool..VERY nice!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts