Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The catvertible is finally getting a new set of rear leaf springs and bushings after 35 years. I will clean and paint the rear housing and detail the assembly while it is out. New brake lines will also be installed. However I will leave the axles, diff. unit as is. It seems to be working fine and is original as most of the rest of the car is. ( only 86,000 original miles) Just felt like they were sagging a bit and could break on day and be a big bummer. So new springs a coming. I will be doing pix so if anyone needs info on theirs.... glad to help.

Attachments

·
Registered
206 Posts
Looks like you have a nice place to work on your car. Let us know how you like the new springs. I need to replace mine too.

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Glad you like the garage. I have room for 5 cars but only have 3 cougars in thee now. Can't afford any more.
I will add to this post as the work progresses. The leafs are on their way and the new shackle, bushing, and bolt kit as well. All from John's Classic Cougars. Should be sweet. Stainless steel brake lines from Fine Lines.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Forget the Grand Old Opry or the Wildhorse...now I know where to visit while I'm in Nashville for the Hot Rod Power Tour!

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You bet.
yes, a luggage rack.
Glad you like the car.
Thanks..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts