Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,
I just posted a pic of my my wifes new toy, and of course my new project. I traded my work truck for it. I only had about 700 in the truck so I think I made a good trade. I'm thinking it will be next winters project. Here's the link: http://www.mercurycougar.net/gallery/index.php?photo=277
John
wvcat:D

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
The early stangs are great resto projects, parts are easy to acquire in repro for them... Good choice!

Unfortunately for me, my wife is more into knitting than my insatiable appetite for cars.... :)

·
Premium Member
4,105 Posts
John,
Some one has been upgradeing it. Disd brales were not avalable on 6 banger mustangs back then. and all had 4 bolt wheels. Looks like a good starting point. How about this fro a fun upgrade, A 3.8 supercharged V6 out of a early 90s Cougar with a AOD? classy and easy on the gas.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry for the confusion badcat, I want to install the disc brakes and 5 lug setup. The v6 idea sounds interesting....hmmm
Hey Jim,
I don't think I'll go that far with it, I think just a decent 8 or 9 inch(prefer) will do the trick. Its just going to be a driver and I don't think it will end up too powerful for my wife. Probably just a 289 or 302. Of course it will have an AOD and you never know, I might run across a 428 for wvcat then I would have to do something with that windsor...lol
John
wvcat

1 - 5 of 5 Posts