Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are some pictures of my Cougar... I just got it back, it's been in the shop because some dumb teenager (I'm 16 but at least I know how to drive) hit my car and totaled the driver's side fender. I just put new rims and dual exhaust with new headers (Flowmaster, Hedman). I'm not even close to being done, I want to make this car a totally cuztom Cougar.

Attachments

·
Registered
406 Posts
Seems to have improved over the last time we saw it! I like the new rims, they're different. Glad it's back. Here's a tip, don't drive next to any young people or any old people - both are dangers! - Chad

·
Registered
364 Posts
unless the other side is a total wreck...

looks to me like you're just one bumper short of done! i like the paint job, makes it look fast.

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
Love the stripes!!! It definitly set off the color of the rest of the cat. i agree with Chad .... stay away from the young and the restless and also the old,blind, go to town once a month for supplies, got their license from K-Mart M$%^%%F&**&^ers:eek2:

Don:rolleyes:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cougar

I just put the bumper on, the pictures were taken the day I got the car back (2 weeks ago). I think I got riped off on the bumper, I paid $200 to get it rechromed, is that too much?

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
I paid $250 each for my bumpers...

Way I look at it is, what would you rather have? A $150 bumper that looks like crap or has thin plating, or a $250 bumper that looks like a million bucks.

Easy answer. :)

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
hate to say it but that reminds me of a wicked lil 347 66 Stang around here. same paint scheme and it has 17 AR torq thrusts on it. its for sale too. too bad i like beat up cars. well, to start with anyway.....
i like it, it looks good !

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Once Again!

Once Again a stupid teenager hit my car! I need to stop takin my Cougar to school! A reckless teenager hit my car from the back, lucklely he was only going 10mph, there are no dents but there's a couple deep, big, ugly scratches. The guy said he would pay for the damange but I think my car might need the entire car painted again (well, not the entire car but the body, no door, no fenders, no hood). I don't see how could have not seen my car, it's a big silver car with big bright brake red lights!

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
heres the opportunity for you to do some good.... as long as the back is kind of gnarly at the moment, why not do your duty and back into a few Hondas out there?? take a few out, then get it fixed he he he

·
Registered
406 Posts
Damn teenagers. I think if anyone drives into my car I will either be arrested for assault or murder. ;) - Chad

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
ha, a buddy of mine was supposed to move my car 5 feet once. next thing i know i look back to the sound of screeching tires and my car is basically pushing a Mustang. he says he hit the gas instead of the brake. that sucked. my bumper got bent and the front 1/4 extension was puched by it so the paint that was in that seam move and cracked. i did pull the bumper out ( it happened at school and we have a frame rack ) and it looks good now ( not like it was, but better than bent) and my buddy still owes me a rechroming.......

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have a question....

I'm planning of sellin my car (personal reasons) and I was wondering how much I should sell it for. It has the original 289ci and the odometer reads +300,000 (I'm guessin it's been rebuilt before because it runs pretty good still), C4 Transmission (needs a lil work, once in a big while gears gets stuck), custom dual exhaust (Flowmaster), Headers (Hedman), Rims (Forgot Brand but r worth bout $1,000 with the tires), NO RUST, New Paint Job (Silver with Black Strips) Payed bout $2,000 for that and many more (minor) new parts. I spent a lot of money one it (well, I think it's a lot, I'm on 16) and I know I'm going to loose money sellin it but I don't want to loose too much. I thought about sellin it for $5,000, i that good or not?

·
Registered
246 Posts
If the damage (scratches etc) was fixed on that car, it'd be worth 5k easily, probably more.

5k is generally the price on a standard resto job, and yours is a particularly nice looking resto.

I'd say you could probably get a couple grand more out of it.

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
here, i havent seen the interior, but this is what i would do...... ask 7800 for it, wind up getting about 5500 or so. its all a game

·
Registered
210 Posts
I know I'm late posting on this subject...

... but I was wondering where you live Alx? I live in Stockton and saw a sweet Cat runnin' around with a very similar paint job as yours? Did you sell it? If you did do you know where it ended up?

By the way... why in the hell would you want to get rid of that Cat!?!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Cougar for Sale...

I live in southern california... The Cat is still with me and still for sale... I really love that car, you don't know how much attention I get with that car but I'm graduating from high school soon and I need money for a techinal skool I want to attend. I spent the very little money I made last year on it hoping I would have it for the rest of my life, but now I think of it as my piggy bank.

Other Info About the Car: for those of you who wanted to know about the interior, it's the stock one, there are 2 big rips (back and bucket seat) but besides that (and the door panels) it looks decent. And in car will gone in the shop next week to get the scratched removed.

·
Registered
166 Posts
sixt9coug said:
heres the opportunity for you to do some good.... as long as the back is kind of gnarly at the moment, why not do your duty and back into a few Hondas out there?? take a few out, then get it fixed he he he
Yeah!! I just totalled some guys suped up Honda civic last night. Cuts over 3 lanes to the left, to make a left where theres a big shiny sign that said "no left turns" Stopped right in front of me, and then i tore off the trunk of his car with my bronco. Checked my damage, ha ha not a scratch on my truck. Just busted a Hella, and put a dent in my Push bar. LOL Didnt look like I hit a thing. That one was for all you guys!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts