Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Very nice car! I love the door panels...really ties the interior to the exterior... How long have you been at it?:confused:

·
Registered
278 Posts
I love the interior. I wouldn't mind my '68 looking that good when it's done. My question is; what are the seats console and door panels from or did you do that all yourself. thanks.

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
interesting tail light treatment... I would love to see them with the signals on

Don

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
Looks great, love those taillights.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
zhat said:
How long have you been at it?:confused:
Zhat-
That is really a tough question. Rag was a good daily driver when I bought her. I parked her in the garage three winters ago this coming winter and about that same time started surfing the net and looking at all these neat cougar projects that everyone had going on or completed and by the time winter was over, she was torn completely apart. With help from a GM mechanic friend, I got the running gear back together earlier this past spring, then this summer, John Hudson (wvcat on this forum) painted her for me. I've been running around the junkyard the past two or three months and working on the interior a little here and a little there. If I had to put a figure on it, I would guestimate I have about 35-45 hours in the actual interior work at this point. Maybe a little more because it is mostly trial and error with me. LOL!!:D

Chuck

ps-- anyone interested, can check out my website. Like ragcat, it is a work in progress, but if you follow the link at the bottom of the page, I have about 4 pages now.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
turtle said:
My question is; what are the seats console and door panels from or did you do that all yourself. thanks.
Turtle-
The run down at this point is:

seats/console-- '98 or '99 Ford Contour SVT--I had to take the skins off on the rear seat and put them on the cougar frame. Had to do this also with the front passenger because it sat too high. Because the drivers is a power seat, I THINK I will be able to use it as is by just adjusting (that's the HOPE at least).

door panels- from a Toyota Paseo (YES a ricer!!)--- Went to the junkyard with my door panel in hand and just started looking and measuring and guessing.

thanx

Chuck

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Don, John, Barry, and '72

Thanks alot. Don- wish I had digital movie to accomidat your light wish!! LOL!! :D :D :D

Chuck

·
Premium Member
3,404 Posts
Chuck, great job on the car. I knew you'd like it :) Looks better then I imagined. Cant wait until she's all complete.

Rick

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
Maybe Bowl can put some of that computer wizardry of his to work and get the lights to blink in sequence, comeon Bowl, give it a try.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts