Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like the title says... I finally got around to taking half decent pics of the Cougar post-bodyshop, with 99% of the exterior back together...

Stand-by, it's a long page with 9 pics!!

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Your car is looking great Logan. I am to the point where I am ready for the paint shop on my '69 and was debating on having the vinyl top removed and going with just the hardtop look. You made that decision easy. I like the painted top. Did you black out your front grille or did the body shop do that for you? I am considering that as well.

John

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Glad I was able to help. My biggest beef was that the *******s ground off the XR7 badge posts on the C pillars... I ended up using 3M trim adhesive to remount them. It worked...

Regarding the grillwork, I had the grill pieces all sandblasted, and then primed em. Then gave em 3 or 4 coats of Krylon Semi-Gloss, via spraycan... Worked out awesome.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Get any wheels yet ???????

That has got to be driving you crazy?!?!?

:D

Why didn't you powder coat the grille??

It would have lasted forever..........................

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Nope, no wheels yet. Spent all my damn money on the engine and body! I still need to put a posi rear in it too... Sigh...

I tried to get the grill powdercoated, but didn't realize that it's made out of pot-metal, Which has a melting point of 450 degrees or so. In other words, powdercoating it would turn it into a pile of goo instead of a grill... :)

I'm looking at a couple options for wheels. I really like the Torq Thrust II's, and Edelbrock Wheels has a similar style wheel. Depending on how desperate I get, I may just cheap out and go get a set of Weld Prostars... At least I know they look decent. :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts