Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. My name is Dennis. I'm in So. Ca. New to this site. I've owned my 1970 Cougar XR7 Conv. since 1994. I acquired it from a co-worker who could only park the cougar on the busy street in front of his home in Compton, Ca. He knew it would be stolen or smashed up parked there. So I bought the cougar a short time later. Ed wanted it to go to a person who would take good care of it, me. My Merc. is Dark Ivy Green Metallic with a White top. Heavily optioned, with a dozen or so factory items. 351C w/FMX trans. factory dual exhaust, power top, P/S, Power Disc brakes, and air conditioning. Also, Leather interior, power windows, and tilt, rim blow steering wheel. I have the Lois Eminger invoice and Marti report's and they both confirm all the above. I've always liked the Cougar body style. I knew not much about the cougar and all the different trim models. I literally fell into this purchase. Since I bought it, I put an estimated 2,000 miles on it. Always working and 3 kids to raise, activities to go to etc. I didn't get to enjoy it as much as I should. Thank's !

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
Welcome - have any pics? We like that!

·
Premium Member
764 Posts
Welcome to the site. It sounds like you have a nice 70 Vert to work with and enjoy. Post some pics when you get a chance.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts