Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,
While all you cougarholics were going to carlisle and car cruises this weekend I was painting wvcat. She came out nice!!! The color isn't quite what I expected but I like it, it changes colors in different light. The paint has a lot of pearl in it and is a custom color. Let me know what you think. My nephew was up and took a few pics. I'll get some more pics when shes back together and out in the sun. Can't wait to drive her!!! Here's the link to my photo's.
John
wvcat
http://www.mercurycougar.net/gallery/index.php?user=51&cat=500&thumb=1

·
Premium Member
3,404 Posts
John, OUTSTANDING!!!!!! Cant wait till you get it outside and take better pix with it all together. Im looking forward to that. Good job.

Rick

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Rick,
I'm hoping to have it mostly together by the weekend but you know how it is...."I can't put that on my car looking like that, I better polish it...lol Yeah these pics don't really do the car justice, I'll get some more pics soon. Thanks for the compliments!
John
wvcat

·
Registered
669 Posts
Looks good. I know what you mean about the color on pictures. I took pictures of my '69 cuda under an overhang with a digital. The car is a light blue metallic and in the pictures, you would swear the car is aqua! Out in the daylight will do it justice!

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes Logan I paint on the side but usually for myself. I occasionally do a paintjob for a friend or relative and sometimes I spray cars for my brother after he does the body work. I just finished a 69 roadrunner of my brother in laws before starting on wvcat. For the last 10 years or so I have been buying work trucks and fixing and/or painting them and selling them. every winter I have a different one...or two. I probably average about 2500 dollars a year in extra income from the trucks because I usually buy them cheap and sell just below book value.
John
wvcat

·
Registered
300 Posts
Hi WV,

I'm agent Morris with the Internal Revenue Service. Call me when you get time. :D

Robert

·
Registered
648 Posts
Hi WV,

I am an attorney...see OC_Cougar's post :D

Seriously, from the angles of the pics it looks very very nice. Not only the paint but the body as well.

I can't wait to see more pics in better light!!!

Ken

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
lol...you guys are killing me. Oh wait I made a mistake that was supposed to be 25.00 I forgot the decimal point!!! Thanks for all the replies all, I'm glad you like it!!! Here's a page from the roadrunner I just finished:John
wvcat
http://www.geocities.com/wvxr7cougar1/paintday1.html

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
Very , Very , Sweet... I love the stripes.... If you weren't so far away I'd have you paint mine... Red ... of course but that blue is real sharp. What color is that?

Don

:D

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Thanks Tex,
Actually you guys may be seeing another cat done by me soon. Next in the garage is a vert from this list. Then its my wifes 66 mustang....does it ever end:1zhelp: ....lol
John
wvcat
Oh yeah, the color is saphire blue from sherwin williams rod & custom colors & the stripes are silver from the paint book, I think it was a chrysler color.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
wvcat said:
Actually you guys may be seeing another cat done by me soon. Next in the garage is a vert from this list. John
wvcat
And I was going to be smart and say something about mine being next and you had to go and steal my thunder! Now that I've got ragcat starting again, hopefully she will be road worthy again in the next couple of weeks so I can get her & the '68 to ya!

Oh BTW- while runnibg her and going back and forth from my two driveways, I was able to lay a little rubber even with L60's on the rear! Had to actually let off gas to stop spinning. What a rush!!
Chuck

·
Contributing Member
2,897 Posts
looks fantastic what paint did you use and was it to metal or sprayed over i am just about ready to piant topless cat as well as her body repairs so i am polling around to see what are the best paints out there. also what are my choices since im taking her down to skin.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hey Chuck,
By the time you get her roadworthy I should be driving wvcat. Maybe I'll swing down your way on a weekend. I do have to go out of town for work for a couple days to do some training but that shouldn't interfere with our plans. Its exciting to feel the power our cars have isn't it:D
I painted it with base coat clear coat and I didn't take it down to the metal. Everybody probably has there opinion but I don't think its required unles the paint is cracked or pelling or has to many coats of paint. The last time I painted wvcat I took it back down to the factory paint but didn't strip it. So now it has the factory color, the comp blue paint and the new paint on it. I did strip the area where the stripes are because I wanted to make sure the paint had a good bond where I would be masking on it since the paint was so fresh. I do believe in using a paint "system" so all the coats will not react to each other.
Good luck
John
wvcat

1 - 17 of 17 Posts