Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've only seen the new ones for 67/8 recently, am I missing something? I Thought there was already a vendor that did the 69/70 pads..Mine has a nice split in it, deep and wide now. I'd rather cough up the cash for a new one, since the car is getting so close to paint.

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
No repro 69/70 pad that I am aware of.

·
Registered
8,194 Posts
Best bet is to find a good used one or have Just Dashes refurb an existing one. I understand their process does not put the fake stitching around the edge back.

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you have to ask, you can't afford it. Mine has a big split in the middle of the top, other wise, it is in really good shape. There are a couple on Ebay right now, around 400-450 delivered, I hate to pay that for a part that, once it starts to see daylight again, will probably fail.....

·
Registered
8,194 Posts
I have two slightly warped pads with small splits stored in my garage. I was fortunate to find a decent brown pad in a parts car I helped dismantle a couple years ago. It's warped a little at the front corners but (so far) has no splits starting.

I was a little dismayed to discover that the dash in my 91 Taurus started to crack a few weeks ago. Desert sun/heat takes its toll.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts