Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased my first Cat and would like to get more acquainted with the club in GA.

If anyone has a recommendation or a positive experience with a car carrier/tranporter I'd be interested in receiving a referral. I need to ship the car from VA to GA.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
"Appropriate Fuel Issues" is one reason that comes to mind!

·
Premium Member
566 Posts
That's one heck of a first cougar. Why not drive to Va, rent a trailer from a local U-Haul back to Ga. one way. It's an inexpensive way to get it home safe and secure.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the advice...still considering my options.

I saw....I heard...I drove...can't wait to get it home.

Dave

·
Premium Member
473 Posts
Welcome and congrats!! hopefully we will get some people to get together when it warms up..I have made that drive more times than I would have liked to and I dont' know I would do it in a new/old purchase..

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks. Sounds good to me. I checked the prices....flying in & driving back...driving both ways....U-Haul one way because I was going to be in the area for business. The best option I found was through a referral I received on this site; Steve Craig at Auto and Truck Shippers. http://carshippinginfo.com/ It was cheaper to ship in a covered truck than me to pay for a U-Haul truck and trailer, not including gas. Thanks to everyone for their input!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts