Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys and gals my name is Bobby , I just became a owner of a standard 69 convertible . Plans are for a driver not a total restore . It's a 351 W 4v - FMX , 9 in 3.00 open . This is not my first one I have a 67 Mustang Cpe prepping for paint and a couple 30's model's waiting .

This was started on about 30 years ago and done very poorly , out side rockers are clean but when I looked well under neath the cross structure is fine . Floors are bad as the inner rockers are gone . Car runs ok so far , didn't run it long , will go thru engine any way .

But glad to find a good forum have read some of the other restores and hope to get well acquainted with this model and make it a safe and dependable ride .

a pic of it at home first day this past Sunday

·
Premium Member
6,980 Posts
Welcome bluestang67.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
WOW - you put a ton of work into that pony! Looks awesome! Welcome aboard

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks everyone will enjoy being a member and following the threads .

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
Welcome Bobby! With your new acquisition and what it needs, please feel free to check out my ECI thread. Just under seven years of blood sweat and tears that yielded my dream. I'm also here to help if you need it.

Regards,

Bob

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
Three pounds of bondo and a quick trip to Maaco and your're good to go. You can post the finished pics next week. Seriously though , welcome to the madness. Pat

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Three pounds of bondo and a quick trip to Maaco and your're good to go. You can post the finished pics next week. Seriously though , welcome to the madness. Pat
Bench that would be the quick way LOL .

Also 7vert thanks I am sure I will be looking at it for memory . I know the Vac tank is here for the headlamps just hope all the do dads are also . Will have to learn whats there and do a full inventory . Ha just caught the name Bob your 69 is a toast to excellence .

·
Registered
25 Posts
From one newbie to another, welcome.

I will follow your build thread to help keep me motivated.....but I have two other concurrent projects going so we shall see!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts